1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will low mileage effect battery life?

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Capecodbeachfront, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Capecodbeachfront

Capecodbeachfront Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    This is a shortened version of a post I did on Newbie thread...
    Bought a 2013 Prius V with 3000 miles on it over 1 year. The car has only been driven 1000 miles in the last 7 months or so. I am worried this might not be a good thing for the battery(s)? Any opinions? Is there a Diagnostic test I could request that would determine strength of the batteries? Other hybrid parts???? Thanks

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the hybrid battery will be fine, no concern at all. it will last forever under those conditions. the 12 volt battery is another matter. it is under constant tiny discharge when not in use from a variety of things in the car, and as it gets older, will have a more difficult time coming up to full charge. if you drive it once a week or so, it should last 3 or 4 years.

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    On the other hand our 08 Prius 12v battery is still fine after 6 years. You are lucky to have an almost new car at a used car price.