1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Will my Android Galaxy Core Prime phone work as an mp3 player ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ES44AC, Jun 29, 2016.

1. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I see the various discussions about various phones and even HDD's being tried or used in some Prii.
    Mine is a 2011 base model and all I have is a 3.5mm female plug in the console and an extra cigarette lighter plug. Before I go to Radio Shack and get a cord with 2 male stereo plugs on it, does the phone have enough audio output for the head unit to even hear it?

I realize that I will have no control of the phone once its directly plugged into the console. It's just something to try. I have a ton of CD's with mp3s on them so I do have my tunes, in some form, with me!

Thanks!

"ES"

2. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    For me, using the blue tooth function is the best. Especially if you have your blue tooth turned on to your phone prior to starting your car. If you do this, the radio automatically syncs and picks up where you left off. I tried the usb route and/or loading my phone via files, and I found it easier to make my own playlist on google play and play my music from there. Much easier and even sounds better than off the usb.

3. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    HI Montgomery,

I'd be doing that w/Bluetooth but the base model doesn't have that feature. All I have on the stack is a CD/AUX input and no Bluetooth.
    Wish it did but it doesn't! <sigh>

Thanks tho!

"ES"

#3 ES44AC, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  4. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

5. ES44AC

ES44AC C.A.U.S

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I bought a cable to connect the phone to the jack in the console. It does work, except the sound still comes out of the phone's speaker.

I see no way to mute the speaker when the cable is inserted. I'd have thought that using the headphone jack would automatically disconnect the phone speaker but it doesn't! The phone even displays " Earphones connected" or words to that effect. But If it were earphones I'd still be hearing sound from the speaker. If I choose the MUTE the sound in the phone's settings then it kills ALL the output.

Guess I need to ask in a dedicated cell phone forum.

Thanks all,

"ES"