Discussion in 'Gen III 2010+ Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by D Unit, Apr 19, 2012.
what tires do you have on those 17 oem forged wheels ?
While those fogs are extremely bright, they're turning out to be pretty shoddy in quality. The passenger side is already developing dew on the inside of the lense, most likely due to poor sealing. I contacted the eBay seller, and will be returning them soon. In the meantime I'll throw on the yaris ones I bought. Will post pics when done.
Lol, yeah it does look and feel like a different car. I also put the plus kit on 2 days ago and what a difference a few skirts make. Thought I had those pics on this comp, but I promise to post the final pics along with part #'s for those interested in the bumper swap.
They're the Michellin Primacy MXM4. Sitting on TRD springs and so far the ride quality was a bit bumpy at first, but after a week+ the car is feeling closer to stock, sort of. Not too experience in noticing tire performance, but since I'm not noticing anything bad, I'll assume they're pretty good so far.
better turns and handling ?
Adam, are u getting a refund on those fogs since they aren't what u were looking for in terms of performance or just getting them swapped?
Definitely better turns and handling. Of course, this is in comparison to the stock 15". I just took the car up north to SF and felt some sway during turns at higher speeds. I'm thinking maybe sway bars in the future.
The seller is very cooperative and offered to swap, but I'm afraid they might just go bad again in the future. I'm returning them and putting in the Yaris ones in the meantime, while you throw more crazy ideas and suggestions in my head. Lol.
As promised, here are some pics in daylight. Recent mods include the Plus Kit, rear wiper delete, and the rear spray nozzle delete. Additionally, here are the parts needed to do the bumper upgrade.
1. Of course, the bumper. And of all part #'s this the one I don't have. Go figure, huh?
2. #52611-47090 -- Absorber. This is the foam piece that sits in between the bumper and frame of the car. It's specifically molded to the 2012 bumper. The 2010 will not fit.
3. #53111-47040 -- Upper radiator grille.
4. #53102-47020 -- Lower grille. Comes painted. Keep in mind, this is part number for the one with the fog light holes. Fog lights are not included. If you don't plan on putting in fog lights, you'll need a different part #.
5. 81521-47060 -- Driver side turn signal/DRL. Please note that the 2010 turn signal socket will not fit, and the 2012 turn signal plug will not fit the 2010 harness. Instead, reuse the 2010 harness and dremel two tabs of the 2010 plug so that it will fit in the 2012 turn signal. I got pics somewhere, but PM if you have any questions on this. It's fairly simple, though.
6. 81511-47060 -- Passenger side turn signal/DRL.
7. 81519--47050 -- Signal Bracket
8. 81529--47040 -- Signal Bracket
9. 81519 --47040 -- Signal Bracket
10. 81529-47050 -- Signal Bracket
I got all my stuff at Longo Toyota. Give Raymond Wells a call. He was very helpful with helping me get the parts. Also, he gives a very reasonable discount. I got a bunch of other parts that I thought was needed to fit the bumper, but turns out the above parts are really the only ones you need. If possible, find the bumper and turn signals elsewhere than the dealer to save on cost. Keep in mind the 2012 is still very new, so it's a bit tough to get the parts elsewhere.
Lastly, one very important thanks and acknowledgement must be given to Sean (sfv41901). Sean totally helped to find the part numbers, and furthermore, he helped me install the bumper along with the wiring of the DRLs and fog lights. You're the man, Sean. Thank you!!!
Thx Adam. The results speak for them self. Glad I was able to help.
U should do some before & after pics to show the complete transformation
Why not get these instead?
That's what I was thinking
do you have the two part numbers for the front bumper tow hitch covers ( the two little squares ones) thanks.
what parts are needed for the rear wiper delete ?
When I deleted my rear wiper blade I used Hawaiians DIY:
JDM / Japanese VIP Styling: My Prius III Build | Page 15 | PriusChat
OP when u deleted your rear washer nozzle did you just wrap that section of your roof? Or did you plug the hole?
Bzyrice, when madman took his off, we just plugged it in the same manner that is used for the wiper.
So you got a metal plug and painted it black? Bi would like to see some close up pics if possible! Debating wether to plug it or just to wrap over the hole.
The plug was warped in blk vinyl. Unfortunately I don't have the pics.
I would plug it vs just wrapping in. If u just wrap it, the wrap could always get a hole without u knowing until u find the rear soaked.
Thanks for the info.. I can see the little plug in the pic if I look real hard.. I really want it to be flat on that part.. So I need to figure out what I'm going to do lol
Get it filled by a body shop
Separate names with a comma.