Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

XM - How long for a dealer to register

Discussion in 'Toyota Prius Plug-in' started by SKrueger, Apr 4, 2012.

Social Buttons

1. SKrueger

SKrueger New Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    So I went to view my trial online and see what add-on options were available, but with both my Radio ID and VIN it said no record existed. Called SiriusXM support and they said if it says no record can be found it means the dealer has not registered the radio yet? How long should it take the dealer to register the radio? I picked my PIP up over a week ago.

Funny thing is tho', I'm receiving all the channels I should under my trial. Maybe if I leave this issue be and the dealer never registers it, I'll continue with free service after the trial period.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have read about that happening (indefinite service because it was never activated properly during dealer prep).
    1 person likes this.
  3. pineprius

pineprius 15th Hole #4

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

While the 3+hour pickup for our PIP occured, we activated the SAT radio which took about an hour. The Customer Service was horrible. This should be done just prior to pick up. We had an appointment and the agonizing BS, along with other delays made for a very unpleasant experience. More later.:spy: