1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yahoo Top 100 Green Vehicles - Where's the Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by eglmainz, Apr 29, 2009.

1. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I saw on Yahoo today, a listing of the top 100 Green Vehicles. Does anyone know why the Prius (or even the insight) is not listed on this site? How can this be the top 100 Green cars without the two undisputed leaders? Even when you figure in the production factor (as green rating combines that as well), it still does not make sense to me. Anyone else?

The top 100 can be seen here: Top 100 Green Cars - Yahoo! Autos

2. fallingwindows

fallingwindows New Member

That's just silly - Porsche Cayman and 911 Turbo are greener? Cadillac? Corvette? Gimme a break.

I'd rate a TDI burning only B100 as greener, but the Prius should certainly be high on the list.

Toyota must be fueling their factories by burning toxic waste through unscrubbed smokestacks, and stuffing the upholstery with black footed ferret and baby seal pelts :)

3. toxicity

toxicity A/C Hog

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The Prius isn't in there, but the Camry Hybrid is number 1. Ok....They also have two Jettas in there. I just got back from picking up my wife's friend from Walmart because her Jetta died on her (08, brand new when they bought it). Did I mention I have a salvage Prius? These guys don't know what they are talking about.

4. Politburo

Politburo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    The Prius is rated N/A. Rating is "not yet available".

5. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    This is not for the 2010 Prius. This is just the rating for the Prius. Why would it be N/A? Or the Honda Insight? Does this mean that this was sponsored by an American Carmaker? LOL

I know that the Prius is marked N/A, and therefore is not the top 100, I am just not sure why this is the case...

6. xsmatt81

xsmatt81 non-AARP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    that's a lame list.

the base model vettes do well though on freeway, about 30mpg in 6th gear cruising. Around town though, when you are mainly in 2-4 gear..they drop like a rock.

the list is FUBAR and should be taken with large barrels of salt

isn't Yahoo up poop creek anyway?

7. Nevillewc

Nevillewc New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yahoo has now rated the 2009 Prius and has placed it first equal with the 2009 Civic hybrid on 84.
    One would expect a 45/40mpg car would be rated less than a 45/48mpg car.
    What gives the Civic the boost on its green rating?

Hybrid Cars - Yahoo! Autos