1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Your complaints/disappointments with your C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by BrunoPuntzJones, Mar 17, 2012.

1. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Ohhh yes, did all of that ;)

2. BruceInOKC

BruceInOKC Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's at least another month before I can get my hands on the color I want in OKC.
    Rear drum brakes instead of discs, but at least the c is roughly 500 lbs lighter than the Prius.
    No heated outside mirrors on the One, Two, or Three (only available on the Four).

3. BruceInOKC

BruceInOKC Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Also, the wheels are pushed out flush with the body in the c, unlike the Prius' recessed wheels. Since mud guards are not an available accessory, this could increase paint damage in the areas behind the wheels. Yes, I realize mud flaps could potentially hurt the mileage.

4. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    now here is a very important one CRAPPY CUPHOLDERS!!:mad::eek:
    when my diet coke flops around in a cup holder that is bad news. enough said

5. Erikon

Erikon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If your favorite beverage tends to move around in a cup holder, put a piece of weather striping around the inside edge of the holder! Done that on a couple of cars, works great! Some of these issues will probably be fixed in the 2013 model, others are just because it is meant to be a fairly inexpensive hybrid, don't expect Lexus touches!;)

fits2at and fgp like this.
  6. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Now THAT is a great idea!:rockon:

7. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The area to the left of the brake pedal has plenty of room to stretch and rest your left foot without interferring with the brakes and I find it super comfortable.

8. Tek55

Tek55 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm more concerned with leaving dirt/mud/etc and causing carpet damage.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I like to stretch my legs as well and use the reinforced plate that's usually there as a platform for pushing against to stretch.

Without it, I feel like I'll be pushing a hole through the floor as it feels soft, so I am left leaving my left leg at a bent angle rather than straightening and stretching, this makes long drives more uncomfortable.

Regardless, I won't complain with mpg savings, I just wish there was a hard plate to cover it. Maybe I'll try to get one fabricated up.

9. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    great idea. i tried it and it worked. for 2 bucks . good solution:)

fits2at and Erikon like this.
  10. chaddyo

chaddyo New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Just picked my silver C3 up on Monday. My 2 complaints were glare on the nav screen and cups moving around in the cup holders...looks like I've found some solutions in this thread. Thanks all!

11. rmojo

rmojo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My only real complaints are the center console/ armrest is way too low. Will have to fab something to fix that. Also I am 5'10" but feel that enven with the seat all the way back the pedals are too close to me. Auto lights I would be nice. Coming from a 96 Camry it just seems less comfortable. I just might need some time t get use to it. But the center console is just useless as an armrest.

12. SFOcman

SFOcman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Car is two weeks old and I have 1700 Miles on it already.

Combat daily commuter in the SF Bay Area. 90 Miles RT

6 feet tall 197 Lbs so I have some specific "tall folks issues".

1.Visor does not extend when blocking side window, Us tall folks all the way back on the rails know exactly what I mean. (I am fabbing up a fix at work soon to see if it works or wait till the aftermarkets gets with the program.

2. That damn light for the airbag!, come on really? in the airline business, lights are NOT suposed to be on unless their IS an active problem, you would think the car builders would figure this out as a "safety and awareness issue". Solution? Software update! hello Toyota are you reading this? its an easy fix if we had access to the software that drives the light.

3. Steering wheel adjustment. NOT enough. Us tall folks know what I am talking about. Cant fix this one, so that leaves #4

4. Armrests two low. Will fab up a fix for this as well and test it out.

5. Lots of blind spots. My personal beef is the LEFT B-spot. Almost run into folks several times already when changing lanes. FIX? Glue one of those goofy mirror circles on until my Autobahn mirror arrives. Also parking is tricky since I cannot see the back very well, but it is WAY better than my last car for sure when parking in tight spots!

Lots of other minor issues, that as time progresses I would expect the aftermarket will be rich with options. This car WILL be a big seller and all we have to do is wait for bolt on options etc.

FYI, I dumped my 1994 Crown-Vic for this car, so I have a lot of getting used to, but the GAS was killing me. My primary use of this car is driving back and forth to work. When I need a BIG car I will rent one...nuff said.

Now if I want to get my hot-rod on, I just hop on my Harley. it still pulls High G's <grin>

13. Absolutly Red Hot

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I just brought mine home. I notice a tin type vibrasion sound when the gas motor side is running. Sounds like a heat sheild or something. Anyone else hear it? I will have to take it in for service to have it checked out. Also when I turn the key I cannot hear a thing. What do I look for to know I am live and ready to go? I guess I will get used to it. I might have to see if someone makes a CD with motor sounds to listen to while driving.

14. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    1- mine doesn't vibrate. sounds like a loose heat shield.

2- when the car is available to move, you should see a "ready" light on the dash lit up.

I highly recommend you take the time to read the owner's manual.

1 person likes this.
  15. TytaniumK

TytaniumK New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I DITTO your anguish--I'm also WANTING a THREE (but either Red or Habanero)--no dice & I'm talking a LARGE Florida Dealership! Wth? Does Toyota want to sell these things or screw with us via not having whatever configs we consumers are willing to pay for? :confused::mad:
    Ty-K

16. TytaniumK

TytaniumK New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    IF nobody is in the back seat--why not just lay both back seats down! Problem Solved! Is there something wrong w/doing that? :confused:

17. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    most just remove the headrests and store them in the trunk area... that's what's I do, anyway. as a test, I also installed the head rests from an 07 prius that has a much lower profile than the stock c rear headrests and they work just fine, except for the color match. :)

1 person likes this.
  18. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for checking the 07 rear headrests.

On my daily walks (dogs) I've noticed some older Priuses with the lower rear headrests and wondered if they would fit. Thanks for checking - now to find a couple of old Prii headrests.:D

Would you mind telling us what color the 2007 headrests are?

19. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

they seem to want a lot for those older headrests, though.

sorry, I could kick myself for not snapping a few pics when I test fitted them. :(

20. LaGrilla

LaGrilla New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One

Im not sure if someone else answered already but, after you turn the key the car will light the "READY" indicator, its in the area where it shows the current shift. Check page 158 of the owner's manual.
    ;)