1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help, weird heater issue. nothing working so far..

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Prius2017CaSLO, May 1, 2024.

1. Prius2017CaSLO

Prius2017CaSLO New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    2017 Prius, 120k, AC blows strong and cold but heater just stopped working regarding the heat. when heat on auto kicks in it transitions to floor and the ac will show on until it is hot enough to turn off and push heat, but that never happens now and just blows cold air but at a lower rate of air flow than when the AC is on auto cold.

Troubleshoots tried:
    Checked fuses
    Checked regular codes
    Collant level is good and movement observed
    Air cabin filter and engine air filter changed
    Checked the code for AC Heater codes on the stock stereo and shows ZERO codes.

So the engine is running smooth and no performance issues in mileage. I placed the car in Maintenance mode to see if temp would rise and the fans kicked in just right and no signs of overheating at all, So therefore I don't think it is the Thermostat as that would be wide open or closed either causing overheating or poor performance and neither are happening.

I am now thinking it could be the heater blower motor, but i would think it would throw a code? or a fuse? or a way of checking without having to remove the ENTIRE DASH!

ANY and ALL Thoughts are helpful at this point. thank you all Prius owners!