1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WTB ———|Roof Rack for 2010-2015 Gen 3 Liftback|———

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by m3pare, Jan 13, 2018.

1. m3pare

m3pare Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello,

Looking to purchase a second-hand roof rack system for my 2012 Prius Three Liftback, not the C or V. A complete system would be preferred, though I will also consider piecing it together. I’ll be using it mainly for a bicycle attachment — I’d also like to attach a roof box to hold extra gear when camping. I am located in Southern California near Los Angeles, but also don’t mind paying shipping. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2. SD-Realtor

SD-Realtor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello there! While I don't have a set to sell, I may have a decent lead for you. I bought my complete roof rack kit on eBay from a seller by the name of "Rerack". The are a shop and they sell what look brand new, and I believe are brand new, but they refer to them as refurbished or something. Mine were brand new looking. Anyway, I got the whispbar setup, and they are really high end... super quiet and very low profile. Look for "Whispbar S6 roof rack w/ K458 kit for Toyota Prius 2010-2015". The only reason I bring this up is because I see used setups going for well over 300, and i paid only 290 with free shipping.
    Hopefully this info helps!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

m3pare likes this.
  3. plai7778

plai7778 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi I'm interested as well in purchasing a roof rack for my bike x cargo box, this might be a little much to ask but can you please snap a pic of your setup?

4. SD-Realtor

SD-Realtor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't have any good shots from the front or back, but i do have this side profile pic. They are super low profile, which is why I went with them... I'll grab a pic from the front or back and post it soon.
    20171005_181918.jpg

m3pare likes this.
  5. SD-Realtor

SD-Realtor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    m3pare likes this.
  6. Colton

Colton Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Do you happen to have the solar/sunroof package? If so, does it interfere at all with the sunroof being open at all? Good lookin Prius by the way, definitely digging the rims!

7. SD-Realtor

SD-Realtor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey Colton, I do not have the sunroof option. It is my understanding that those with it can have roof racks, but the sunroof can not open while the roof racks are installed. Not sure if that's 100% correct, but that's what I've read. And thanks! She's a work in progress, but I like to think she is a pretty "cool" looking prius The rims were stock Corolla wheels, plasti-dipped gray. They fit our cars really well.

orenji likes this.
  8. Colton

Colton Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Awesome, thank you!