1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

‘23 Roof Racks

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by 00PowderSpecial, Apr 21, 2023.

1. 2023priuspete

2023priuspete New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE

2. 2023priuspete

2023priuspete New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Wow. That IS pricy. I’m sure some lower priced options will come out. I think I’ll hold off for a bit and keep looking. My detachable system for my 2012 Prius was about $250

tovli likes this.
  3. tovli

tovli 2023 Prius Prime replaced 09 Prius

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Roof 2023 Prius Prime XSE w Dimensions.jpg Roof Side - 2023 Prius Prime XSE w Dimensions.jpg Roof Gutter 2023 Prius Prime 2023.jpg

4. mousylvie

mousylvie New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Hey guys. I was curious about the listing for the fitted kit onto the 23 prius. I purchased the fit kit 5029 on amazon and was able to see that yes, in this particular fit kit there is that small protruding metal meant to fit in a grommet hole which is not found on the 2023. The shape of the roof on the 23 is also much different on the edges compared to gen 4 prius. So no, rack attack's listing for the Thule kit unfortunately does not fit. After doing some research, it seems that priusoffroad has a prototype roof rack which can be seen in a few of their pictures, but it isn't currently for sale and their roof racks are a pain to install.

tovli likes this.
  5. Nicad

Nicad New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Anyone know what the roof is rated to carry if one had a roof rack?

6. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    tovli and AndersOne like this.
  7. Nicad

Nicad New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Note sure if the part numbers are complete on that? If you see any for sale, let us know. Thanks

8. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
  9. lohikaarme

lohikaarme Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    smaller one £76.88 in stock?

https://toyotadirectparts.co.uk/parts/toyota-prius/toyota-prius-mk-4/prius-mk-4-accessories/toyota-prius-2009-2015-ski-and-snowboard-holder/

10. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Ok, I'm pretty certain those are only for the ski and snowboard holders, not the roof rack itself.

#30 Hammersmith, Aug 7, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2023
    tovli likes this.
  11. stearicom

stearicom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Please let us know if you get this installed. I just emailed Thule this weekend and got a response today that they don't have a roof rack for the 2023 Prius.

Thank you for contacting Thule. I can provide some additional information on Thule's vehicle fit process as it relates to the 2023 Toyota Prius.
    Thule does not currently have a certified compatible roof rack fit for this vehicle, though we will likely have one available in the near future. All prior models of the Toyota Prius have had compatible Thule roof rack fits, so I am sure it is just a matter of time before Thule's fit engineering team authorizes a rack system for use on the new model.
    Once this is approved, any updates will be posted to the "Select your Vehicle" tool on the Thule.com Roof Rack Systems product page .
    Please let me know if you have any other questions on Thule products.

Patuxent likes this.
  12. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    The folks at Yakima are looking for a Prius owner who can come to their facility near Portland Oregon to help them engineer a fitting for 2023 Priuses. Go to the https://yakima.com site and follow the path for fitting your car. At the end, you'll find the invitation.

13. Patuxent

Patuxent New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    How about Rhino-racks for the 2023 Prius? I was told (by Rhino-racks) that they have a compatible crossbar (Vortex 2500) system. Thoughts??

14. stearicom

stearicom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    If I was closer I would let them use mine as a template. I am sure they would give some sort of thanks for letting them borrow your car.

Hopefully there is somebody that is local to Portland that can help with this.

15. David83

David83 New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    SO, Yakima claims that if you bring your '23 Prius to their site in Lake Oswego, Oregon, they will fit a rack to your car, and then we can all order the same rack. I live in Massachusetts so this ain't happening. Anybody live around Portland, and is willing to do this? We will love you forever!

You just go to their website, input your car info, and get this message:

"Unfortunately, our Fit Team has not yet fit your vehicle with a roof rack system.
    Your friendly neighbors at Yakima are looking for this vehicle.
    If you are interested in volunteering your vehicle to be fit by our Fit Team at our Lake Oswego, Oregon location, please enter your email and we will be in touch."

16. PhoS

PhoS Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I'm near Yakima but I have the glass top and I'm feeling pretty skeptical that they will be able to make rack for it. I just slapped a Sea Sucker on for a bike trip, I could see this being a good option for you Kayak folks too. Not for the faint at heart, getting the bike on there was pretty sketchy.

upload_2023-8-10_16-35-5.png

otatrant and AndersOne like this.
  17. David83

David83 New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Oh sorry didn't see the other posts before making my own!

Anyways, I too have a glass top, but the side parts are metal, which is generally where these racks are attached. PhoS, maybe they would make it work? I wonder if they would offer you a free or discounted rack for lending them your car?

18. tovli

tovli 2023 Prius Prime replaced 09 Prius

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    WHILE WAITING FOR A ROOF RACK SOLUTION

Just couldn't wait any longer, so we loaded the wife's e-bike and my hybrid into the back of our new 2023 Prius Prime XSE. It wasn't secure, but it was easy. Surprisingly easy to get the e-bike in and out. Perhaps easier than it was with my 2009 Prius.

E-Bike in Back.JPG

Bike In Back.JPG

Deer at Riverbend.JPG

daisy555 likes this.
  19. priusmouse

priusmouse Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Has anyone found anything normal that works? Need to mount a kayak/paddlebiard

Patuxent likes this.
  20. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Is anyone local to So Cal? I'm waiting a year before getting my Gen 5 Prime but have the measurements just need to install a roof rack like this one... else, I can make other styles that yall say you want faster and more durable than those other manufacturers. Heh... Also, need to make a trailer hitch. Parts and installation are at no cost to you
    20211228_070236-01.jpeg DJI_0527-01.jpeg DJI_0992-01.jpeg .

Nicad likes this.