1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

‘23 Roof Racks

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by 00PowderSpecial, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Oodleskaboodles

Oodleskaboodles New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Just ordered these. You said you had to fidjit with it. Any tips to know ahead of time.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. Blackat

Blackat Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I ended up putting a 1/2" or so thick washer sized spacer at the inside top of the bracket.
    When you tighten up the large round "bolt" it wants to pull the part of the bracket that fits on the edge where the door closes away from grabbing it.
    Reach out if you have trouble and we can talk it thru. It was holding before I did this but I wanted the bracket to fit tight against the body.

3. Z ain

Z ain New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited

Per the manual... page 175

"Do not exceed 176.4 lb. (80 kg) cargo weight on the roof luggage carrier."

otatrant likes this.
  4. Oodleskaboodles

Oodleskaboodles New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Currently on my road trip with the setup. A bit of wind noise but radio dulls it down. Without the carrier I was getting some whistling, will see if I can adjust the bars to cut this down before I buy a deflector. PXL_20231122_180338084.jpeg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Nicad, Z ain, Blackat and 3 others like this.
  5. C313

C313 New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Anyone familiar with the Rhino Rack Vortex 2500 on the 2023 Prius?

Purchased my prius back in May. And decided to buy this rack as well. Purchased it shortly after I bought the car but did not get to installing till December. Felt a bit odd considering they mention it fits Prius years 16 - 23 which for me seemed off considering 16-22 are pretty different than the 23. Reached out to them and they did confirm to me it does fit the 23.

I installed it in December however I feel a bit off about it. It's not a perfect sit.

1st issue I'm noticing is the legs for the front bar sits in different areas. The driver side front bar sits over the weather strip. While passenger leg sit in the area between the door and weather stripping. Reposition the legs and position results in the same stance.

2nd issue are the clamps on one side aren't completely flush. While the clamps on the other side are completely flush. This is for both the Front and Back bar. My driver side the clamps are completely lined up and flush to the car. While the passenger side the bottom clamp is flush and on tight, but the top portion is raised with a noticeable gap. Repositioning the legs still results in the same outcome.

I'm unsure if this is at fault to me being a poor installer, or if this is considered "it fits" to them. It's on there sturdy either way and held up good for the winter trips I used it on. But the imperfections of it sitting has me not totally satisfied.

Wondering if anyone here has this rack and has had different results installing it?

Would post pictures but believe my account is still too fresh to post. So tried to post in detail.

6. Blackat

Blackat Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I don't have that set of crossbars but I had to fiddle with mine to get them to fit right.

7. Swain

Swain New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Glad to see someone got success in finding a way out. I was looking for a cross bar that fits my Prius use with glass roof and I wa snot getting any success. Any observation or feedback after few months of use? I just ordered the same one and waiting for it. Thank you. S.

8. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Did you end up ordering this, and did it fit?

I just picked up the same kit yesterday and assembled per specs, but when I went to mount it, the offsets in the specs (45mm from, 33.5mm rear) seem too small, and need to be widened.

Has anyone installed this Thule Evo set and has any adjusted specs, to save a lot of trial and error?

FYI, I have the XSE Premium with glass roof… Rack Attack never asked if it had a glass roof or not, did not realize this may be a concern, but I don’t see why, I am pretty sure all the dimensions are identical, and the weight is on the sides anyway?

Thanks.

9. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Well, just to follow up on my earlier message, I sorted the issue, and actually feel a bit foolish. o_O

The specs are bang on, the issue is I didn’t realize the clamps were not all the way open out of the box. Opened them up further and it fit on no problem. (y)

Now time to go for a drive. Cheers!

Attached Files:

10. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    if anyone is in So Cal with the glass roof, Id love to meet up and 3D scan your roof... I have an idea, I need to scan the entire roof.

11. Swain

Swain New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    I bought the same rack from eBay. I am trying to install it on my 2023 Prius XSE with glass roof. , but some reason I am not getting success. Any help? a Vedio or some instructions? I reached out the seller they sent me a Vedio in mandarin for some other car. I appreciate any helping tips or instructions. Thank you.
    S. Swain

12. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Well, you may want to start with confirming which roof rack you got, as several have been mentioned here… I got the Thule, and it fits perfect per instructions, and there are YouTube videos that walk through it.

13. Swain

Swain New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Do you have a vedio or instructions how you achieved it? I have the rack but it seems difficult to fit. Thank you for your help

14. Swain

Swain New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    I got the non brand rack from eBay. The one @Blackat mentioned. It was around $200 from eBay. Do you have a link to your Thule rack, if you think Thule is an easier fit? Thank you. S