1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

01 prius p3006 and 3000. also I think it was a799

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by scotman27, Aug 8, 2013.

1. scotman27

scotman27 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Are you sure i should go with him. I certainly dont want to seem like im coming on here to use you or anyone on here to pry your heads open, then take the info and run with it. i dont do that sort of thing.

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Look, I'm here because I'm curious and want to find out what works. But my second objective is to help, support, and encourage independent shops to 'take the Prius plunge.'

The car is different from anything they have ever seen before . . . an order of magnitude more automation. Well to meet future fuel economy standards, cars have to go that way. The Prius is a great little puppy to 'bust your chops on.'

The Gen I do not cost a whole lot. Most of the silly problems have been worked out. The life-long problems are pretty well known. How bad could it be if a car with a street value under $5,000 'lets out the smoke.' The salvage yards and Ebay as well as online parts stores pretty well have everything needed. Worse comes to worse, there is a small group of 'gray beards' more than willing to share what little we've learned.

So my thinking is work with Mark. He is offering a life ring . . . sure it has a rope but at least you'll be afloat.

I'm also going to suggest, give him a phone call (if you haven't already.) You'll often be able to tell a lot from a chat.

GOOD LUCK!
    Bob Wilson

3. scotman27

scotman27 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    ok, thank you bob.
    Im glad i found this site and you guys. Im willing to put the money into it to keep it going. if this car had 250k on it than i may think about getting rid of it. it only has 164k, and i only put at most 20k on a car a year so i got a ways to go.