1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

02 Sensor Replacement

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by ZTE, Jan 24, 2021.

1. ZTE

ZTE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am looking to replace a 2001 Prius downstream sensor with a generic one. It sounds like Bosch is the way to go from what ive been reading, Is there a specific part number i should be looking for?

Also- is the hardness able to be disconnected or do i have to cut it? I saw there was a clip of some sorts but i am not sure how to disconnect it.

2. John bartz

John bartz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey did you have any luck with this, I literally can't find my down stream 02 sensor, I've removed the passanger seat, removed the carpet, I'm genuinely lost.

3. nimblemotors

nimblemotors Re Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    The 02 cable runs from the cat pipe into a hole the floor and there is a connected right behind the console.
    The picture shows it. You can splice the wires from a generic sensor into the connector, which I believe is specific for a toyota.
    Because of all the stolen cats, the pick n pull has the prius with cut o2 sensors all over, so you can get the connectors from them (free, I just steal them for the $2 entry fee at my picknpull to get even with them for super nasty experience..),
    but then you still need to splice in the o2. The o2 wires are silicon to resist heat of the exhaust, so you should try to keep them.

#3 nimblemotors, Feb 27, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2022