1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

03 Prius DTC P3030/C1259 Help......

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by jorge rosario, Jun 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jorge rosario

jorge rosario New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    ----USA----
    hi i have a 2003 prius and i got those two dtc codes p3030 and c1259
    i have looked and i have tested alot .
    batteries all seem fine
    The P3030 dtc "line snapped" , I checked all wires , cleaned all corrosion , checked every wire to test that power is running from sensing wire to the end of the pins and each one passes . power goes thru all wires , i took it all apart and double check buy running a 9v battery and testing to make sure each wire power get thru from one end to the other .

other then that i have no idea how to get rid of those codes so my car will drive again . any ideas? or suggestions? my car doesn not start at all and also wanted to know if that the dtc codes will not let the car start ?

2. greasemonkey007

greasemonkey007 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Are these the first codes that you got when the lights came on? Have you torqued the bus bar nuts? I have seen threads get messed up just enough that the nuts "torqued" before they were completely tightening the bus bars. Check to make sure that all the battery terminals have about the same amount of threads sticking out past the nuts. And yes, that will keep it from starting.
    I've also seen the ring terminals break, especially the 1st generations with the glue on them. Look closely at the end of the rings where the wire crimps on.

3. jorge rosario

jorge rosario New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    ----USA----
    yes i checked everything , i took out everything cleaned it all put it back , i opened computer and looks like 2 pins were corroded and i clean that . my only thing would be the computer is bad and i need to replace that. i have tested every connection and everything seems fine so im hoping its the computer now just gotta find one and check , thank you so much for the information and i will make sure to check the end of the rings