1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'04/'05 OEM EV button won't fit '06!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by efusco, Jan 2, 2006.

1. FUUFNF

FUUFNF Forum Lurker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    btw... i noticed that sigma says that installing the ev button kit will void the factory warranty. has anyone had any problems getting their warranty honored after putting in the ev button?

2. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FUUFNF @ May 1 2007, 06:12 PM) [snapback]433643[/snapback]</div>
    This has been brought up time and again, I'm sure if you search you will find entire threads on this issue. The conclusion usually ends up somewhere along the lines of: Something would have to break for you to be able to use the warranty, then Toyota would have to prove that your modification broke what you want fixed. Supposedly, Toyota cannot void the entire warranty on the car but I am no lawyer...

3. jk450

jk450 New Member

Small detail: in Europe, you cannot separately buy the connector for the EV switch for 2006-2008 Prius. For 2004-2005, it's available; for 2006-2008, you need to buy a dash harness.

4. fruzzetti

fruzzetti Customization-Obsessed

California (Pulled over 6x, ticketed 2x for tint)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Confirmed to work

coastetech's EV switch works great on the 2006.

Here's the only problem I've encountered -- because of the way the spade connectors work, if you don't make sure you do a good job of connecting it (i.e. make sure the T-adapters actually cut the wire jacket completely) you'll experience intermittent failure (it just won't work; no errors or anything) due to "thermal creep;" in other words connectors will work their way out with repeated heat cycling.

The fix is just to crimp the connectors really well, which is a bit frustrating unless you have the appropriate crimp tool. Then you'll experience NO problems.

~ dan ~

5. wicastawakan

wicastawakan New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am wanting to install the EV mod on my 2008 but I do NOT want it wired through the speed control or lights. I want a switch that fits the lower left dash/console ie original factory switch.

I have not been able to locate the kit online, although it appears at one time Sigma Automotive had them. I am ready to purchase & install now.

Anyone with another kit or the part numbers & oversees address/dealer where I can get the factory parts? Thnx, Clint

6. avocadoman1

avocadoman1 Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Re: '04/'05 OEM EV button won't fit '06!!

Sigma is the only supplier based on what's been described here.
    also, they currently stock 04/05 and 06/07/08/09 buttons.
    they now claim to include the all necessary parts to do the button install, which they did not do in the past.

i went with the "stick" mod because it's easier, cheaper, and functions fine.
    but i can see why you like the button mod because it looks just way too cool!

7. wicastawakan

wicastawakan New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I contacted them to make sure they had one that would fit a 2008 & they assured me no problem. Vague on the instructions & was told detailed installation instructions were available at Prius Chat. I haven't found these "detailed instructions" but hoping to give it a whirl soon. I am taking it to a mechanic.