1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

04 prius mfd information issues.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Gaby03, May 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Gaby03

Gaby03 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    One
    The mfd in my prius at times seems to fail to work. The display turns on but it refuses to give out any information or freezes, it will additionally display the "check ac connection" message. Ive tried searching threads regarding this problem but so far the only one i found did not give an anwser that would make sense for my case. Its the stalk radio and it's never been changed so theres no need for a resistor of 68 ohms. Aswell it will sometimes work fine will i drive and others just stop showing info mid drive any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Any other symptoms with the car? AC works ok? Maybe @ChapmanF would know more, but I suspect it's as simple as buying a used screen of same make and model and swap it out?

4. Gaby03

Gaby03 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    One
    The first reply to the post seems to be the most likely fix, i identified Simptoms the poster was writing of. The ac and all sistems work fine. Its just that issue of no responsive ness from the display and 0 data corrolates with the network systems issue. . I will disassemble the unit and take the board to be resoldered at a trusted technician.