1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

05 beeping with no warning lights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Dummy, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Dummy

Dummy Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just got in the car and turned it on. It’s 16 degrees (Fahrenheit). Drove 150 yards down the street and it started beeping but no warning light. It kept beeping for the next mile till I pulled into a station. It stopped halfway through this message, still no warning lights. I have an OBD adapter and there aren’t any codes registered. What could it be?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Is your MFD displaying the big screen in the middle of the dash I've never been down to 16°, I've been down to about 18 The beeping sounds like maybe the door is open or the door switch is frozen it opened and it won't close back it depresses but it's not working or something along those lines and the car is parked outside in the 16° weather it's not in a temperature controlled garage in other words?

SM-A715F ?

3. nancytheprius

nancytheprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    can you record the sound? is it like the seatbelt beep? the reverse beep?

4. Dummy

Dummy Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Similar to the reverse beep but much louder. I quit now but I’ll record it if it happens again. I was wearing my seatbelt so it shouldn’t have been beeping.

nancytheprius likes this.
  5. Dummy

Dummy Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Don’t know what sm-a715f is. The cold door switch sounds plausible. I have a rechargeable fm transmitter and it was powering on and off by itself after I turned it on.

It was parked outside overnight

#5 Dummy, Dec 18, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  6. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The SMA 751 or whatever you're talking about down there is the signature of my Samsung a51 silly phone I can't change it apparently or if I can I don't know where how it just what comes up as my SIG on the real computer my SIG is something else I think but the real computers buried under the crap in the shop it's never used anymore

SM-A715F ?

7. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    When I lived in Western Massachusetts in the '70s I remembered door switches freezing quite regularly I'd closed the door and the interior light would still be on I'd be driving down the road with my interior light on things like that This is long before the prii

SM-A715F ?

8. nancytheprius

nancytheprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    is it possible to delete it out of each post you make?

9. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    It looks like in tap talk not so much it's not here when I'm typing or texting or dictating or whatever the hell's going on it's just this little thing down here a box where I can insert photos and files when I drop the keyboard and look at the end of my post just before I get ready to hit the arrow to send I see nothing

10. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    When I hit the moderate button and tap talk and scroll down to the Samsung A whatever the hell it says down there and delete it and then hit send looks like it goes without sig

nancytheprius likes this.
  11. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    That seems to worry a lot of folks I probably just won't bother posting I mostly just read this crap posting seems not really worth the time or effort I guess no one has the same problems I have they never do on any of these car lists not in the past 25 years I've been on them

SM-A715F ?

12. Dummy

Dummy Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    hasnt done it again. Don’t know what it could have been. I’m leaning towards the cold door switches

13. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Like I say I would let it rip I've had mine going down the road and all of a sudden come on the display told me I need to park the car and put a car in neutral and blah blah blah because something's not working right and I pulled over and restarted the car and drove it ever since One time the door was cracked I didn't even realize it I just opened and closed the door and restarted the car then everything came on when the traction battery went bad replaced the traction battery but still can't get rid of all the ABS nonsense because of a low pressure and the rear wheel which has to be inside the whole ABS pump which is all working fine so I'm not messing with it till the pedal takes four people to stand on the stop the car then I might consider fixing it