1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

05 prius 196k miles p3190

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by LINGARAJU GOTTUMUKKALA, Nov 15, 2019.

1. LINGARAJU GOTTUMUKKALA

LINGARAJU GOTTUMUKKALA Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It has happened 3 times so far once a week ago, all of a sudden i got red triangle and and vsc lights with half battery and orange car immobilised symbol on screen, car drove ok or so i thought as I was going downhill and on level road it slowed down with no power and i i restarted car and all lights gone but hybrid almost empty with just 1 bar left and engine turned on right away and it drove fine for a week and it happened again yesterday and i i did same procedure, my question is is it worth it as i only want oem hybrid and want to keep the car as my job requires lots of driving or just trade it in for whatever i can get, thanks for any advice.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    kind of a personal decision. put 2k into a battery and you may get many trouble free miles. but there is always the possibility of other high price fixes, if you don't diy