1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

05 Prius Alarm Installation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Sashiimi, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Sashiimi

Sashiimi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,

I've been looking around to have an alarm system installed in my 05 prius. I wanted to avoid any third party solutions that would require me to have two remote controllers, so I looked into the original alarm for the car. It turns out that the alarm option, for some reason, was not available in Portugal at the time and as such my car doesn't have the cables for the ECU that would be bought separately from Toyota.

That being said, has someone found an option that worked well for this particular car? I've also seen Starlink's options for gen 3 but I don't even know where I could buy such thing.

Thanks

SFO likes this.
  2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Try installing a "tilt sensor" when you have a working alarm option, that combined with some 'cat defense' may help with any potential anxiety.

3. Sashiimi

Sashiimi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My plans exactly.. I'm just not understanding how there's such a difference in wiring from the 05 to the 06 model. Last case scenario I'll have to check some aftermarket options