1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

05 prius driver door speaker no sound

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Val_, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Val_

Val_ New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i have a 2005 prius and noticed there is no sound coming from the driver door speaker. The rest of the speakers seem to be fine. What could havw caused this? How can I fix it? Thanks!

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    If the other speakers are working, it’s likely that the problem is in the wiring to the speaker from the stereo component amplifier (on cars with a separate amplifier) or radio and player (on cars with a built-in amplifier), or in the speaker itself. It’s also possible that just one output channel of the amplifier or radio has failed, but I’d start with the wiring. See the Electrical Wiring Diagram (more info) for details.

Since it’s the driver door speaker (“front door speaker LH,” in Toyota’s terms), there’s another possibility: on cars built with a navigation system, this speaker only is used for navigation voice guidance, and its sound signal is wired through the navigation ECU, under the driver’s seat. If the navigation ECU has been removed or disconnected, or if it’s not getting power, that could also account for the problem.

3. alftoy

alftoy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base