1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

05 Prius Good Deal or Nightmare code p1118?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by tatenosa, Aug 25, 2015.

1. tatenosa

tatenosa New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone, I just wanted some advice on purchasing a salvaged 05' with 181k on her. She has had the battery replaced at 135k and the transmission replaced with a used one. This car was used for Uber and Lyft hence the high miles.

It has a p1118 code being thrown for the inverter temp sensor. The guy hasn't driven the car in about 6 months and said the code was thrown when he was driving it around for the day. He's asking around $4600 for the car and I believe I could talk him down some more. It is a package #2 as well.

Should I risk the low cost of the car and spend money on it should it need it? Or should I wait for something else or look at financing a 12' prius c? The c is also a salvage title hit in the side. I know people aren't fond of them, but they're what I am able to afford.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how much is an '05 with 180k and no codes that hasn't been sitting for 6 months?

3. tatenosa

tatenosa New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not really sure, but since I am in the bay area they hold their value better than a Bentley percentage wise.

bisco likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what do you know about fixing high tech car's?