1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

05 prius pulled cable from 12v battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by franken1313, Jun 12, 2017.

1. franken1313

franken1313 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just accidentally pulled out a white wire connected to some clip that goes to the 12v battery. How do I fix this?????? 20170612_065321.jpg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The wire originally is manufactured with a metal terminal crimped on the end. The plastic connector is designed so the metal terminal is inserted into it and part of the plastic deforms as the terminal slides by. Once the terminal reaches the correct position, the deformed plastic clicks back into its normal position, locking the terminal in place. You can usually use a very small jewelers screwdriver to push that plastic section out of the way to remove the terminal from the plastic connector. It's unlikely you'll be able to un-crimp the terminal, but you can just strip a little insulation off the wire and solder the wire to the terminal. Then slide the terminal back into the plastic connector until it clicks into place.

3. franken1313

franken1313 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What is that wire for? The car turns on. I know I shouldn't drive it but I'm stranded. Can I drive the car for an hour like this?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That is probably the voltage sense wire that tells the hybrid vehicle ECU what is the battery voltage. The ECU uses that to determine what output voltage the DC/DC converter should provide. If the car becomes READY, you can drive the car in its current condition.

5. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just go to auto parts store and get a ring terminal and crimp that to the wire.
    See the nut to the left of the white plug the one that's vertical that nut holds that whole black fuse assy onto the terminal that's bolted to the battery post. Unbolt that nut place your ring terminal on that bolt and then put the nut back on. In doing that u are bypassing the 5 amp fuse in that black plastic assy but that's ok never heard anyone blowing that fuse on that sense line

.Btw there is also a 100 amp fuse that services the big black wire in that black plastic assy. That wire is attached to the underhood black plastic fus box jump points.

Ajourney101 likes this.