1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

05 Prius stalled at highway speed.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Goingbrokequick, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Goingbrokequick

Goingbrokequick Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Upgrade
    My 05 Prius has only 47 k miles. It has recent high voltage battery in the last 18 months. I was driving about an hour at highway speed when the car lost all power. Red warning light came on along with a bunch of other yellow lights. When I stopped and tried to restart the fuel gauge and speedometer flashed then went dark and the power button is red. Any ideas ? Bad computer ? Thanks for any advice .

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1. How much fuel is in the fuel tank?
    2. Check the AM2 fuse. If it is blown, replace the inverter coolant pump (located below the driver's headlight assembly.)
    3. Should you find that fuse is blown, you can drive the car for a short distance by replacing the fuse and removing the wiring harness connector to the inverter coolant pump. The definition of "short" depends upon the ambient air temperature in your area.
    4. If you did not find a problem with regards to running out of fuel or a blown fuse, you will need to retrieve the diagnostic trouble codes logged by the various electronic control units to gain a clue about what is wrong. Good luck.