1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

05 Prius vs. 18 Wheeler

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sakai, Mar 8, 2010.

1. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    This is why we need to reinstitute the 55 mph that existed for trucks on ALL interstates east of the Missisippi, well before the Arab Oil Embargo measures. How the trucking companies snaked that 65 mph limit for trucks through congress when cars were given the 65 mph limit back is beyond me. That would be a great investigative report by 60 minutes!

2. Ophbalance

Ophbalance Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm calling BS on the fact that there is an EXPECTATION that driving 75 MPH on a 65 MPH limited highway is an acceptable practice that must be followed, or woe... WOE be unto you! I'm calling BS on the "everyone else is doing it, go with the flo yo". I've never even been looked at funny by a single patrol car in two years. Again, I've been up and down the eastern seaboard, from Wilmington NC, to State Collage PA, and not ONCE has traveling within 5 MPH under the posted limit caused surrounding drivers the least amount of pain.

No amount of any idiocy behind me will make me roll faster than the PSL. I drove from '96 to '08 with that go with the flo crowd, and accumulated a speeding ticket every 3 years because of it. Never again, and most especially not because of some lemming like behavior.

The ONLY time I've had any close calls are due to:

• People that merge, yet refuse to check to see if the lane is clear
    • Those that think the road is their own personal NASCAR strip.
    • People on cell phones that are so much into their conversation, they cannot be bothered to notice their... well, you know, driving??? Egads!
    So yes, I call BS. Going speed limit, at least on any stretch of road I've driven, will not get you killed.

And I also agree with hobbit... truck drivers are supposed to be PROFESSIONALS... you know, paid to be masters of the road? Trained? Certified? Driving a rig that is larger than any commercially available consumer mobile (excepting RVs and trailers)? That when driven in an irresponsible manor, can put our puny little playthings into a world of hurt? Of course they need to be held to a higher standard, and if they're aggressive to you, your neighboring car, and everyone surrounding, it's a pretty safe bet it's their driving style and needs to be reported.

3. zmre2b

zmre2b Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah! I wish the trucks all had to drive slower than the cars so then we would have to drive around the trucks all the time! That would be great!

Stupid trucks going the same speed as the cars!