1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'05 Prius with Aux Jack

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by RedSparky26, Apr 6, 2017.

1. RedSparky26

RedSparky26 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So, I picked up a PRIUS with a bad High Voltage Battery Pack. I fixed and replaced the issues there. This is not the main point.

When I bought the car, I was so ecstatic that this car had an "Aux" port in the center console. I tried to plug my IPhone into it, and there was no way to switch it to Aux. Almost like the Prius didn't even recognize it, as if it weren't plugged in.

After extensive research, I have found that the 2005 Prius did not come with this port. After looking online the Adapter Assy. Stereo Jack 86190-53010. It's a port used for 2004-2009 Prius'.

So I pulled the center console apart, when I removed it, I noted that the wire coming off the Accessory Port/Auxillary Assembly was a thicker looking female connection with 6 pins inside of it. It was also just hanging free, as was a Two Prong connector on the back of the console.

On the underside of my car seats there are also a couple connectors that just hang loose under the passenger seat! It stops me, because I've never encountered so many free hanging electrical.

I'm having a lot of trouble finding electrical wiring diagrams. For the center console and the passenger side under seat.

Is there anything that i can do to make this Auxillary Port work? Will I need another harness? I understand there is a problem with jacking any Apple product to a Prius radio?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to read!

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Three words, two dots: techinfo.toyota.com and you won't have that trouble any more.

-Chap

3. RedSparky26

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Any Insight on the free floating thick 6 pin connector for the Auxillary port/ Accesory Port inside the console?

4. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    perhaps PO had some aftermarket stuff in there they removed when they decided to let it go.

5. RedSparky26

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    But when I talk to Toyota About it, they recognize it as part they sell?

6. gta_

gta_ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would agree with this, and they probably used the OEM Aux Jack to make it look like it wasn't aftermarket which is why you have a factory part, but not connected to anything. That, or they replaced the whole console for some reason, and got the replacement part out of a newer Prius.