1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'06 142k with P0A7A-325 question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dpeverhart, Aug 20, 2015.

1. dpeverhart

dpeverhart Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I have a 2006 Prius with 142k, getting code P0A7A-325 which means trouble area could be any of these:

Wire harness or connector
    HV transaxle assembly
    Hybrid vehicle generator
    HV control ECU
    w/ converter inverter assembly

So far we have replaced with known good used: Inverter Assembly and Transmission but still have the same code. Swapped out battery pack w/ HV computer with known good used. Checked and double checked all HV connections, all good. And yes, the electric water pump is working and the 12 volt battery is at 12.6 volts cold.

My question is what is the HV Control ECU listed above? Is that the HV battery computer or another? If it's another, where is this located?

Thanks
    David

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That is referring to the hybrid vehicle ECU which is located behind the glove compartment, next to the engine ECU.

Did you follow the troubleshooting tree in techinfo, in particular the advice to retrieve EXCLUSIVE INFO 4?

3. dpeverhart

dpeverhart Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I have not done that. Thanks Patrick for that info to read exclusive info 4. That should give me my answer. I'm on it. Will report findings Friday.

4. dpeverhart

dpeverhart Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I see the two ECU's in the glovebox, while sitting in the passenger seat facing the front which is which?
    Thanks

5. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think you would have to look for a visible part number, then look up the part number to identify the ECU. I'm not sure which one is which because I have not had the occasion to remove one or the other.