1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

06 Airbag light on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by wreched75, Aug 2, 2017.

1. wreched75

wreched75 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Guys

So I hoping to have posted in the right area if not I do apologize, maybe someone can point me in the correct direction. I just bought a used 06 toyota prius and the airbag warning light is on. I am not sure where to even begin. I should of said somthing before the purchase now its to late. I also noticed that the passenger airbag light is set to off even when a passenger sat in the seat, are those 2 correlated? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again

2. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Warning light being on means that car has noticed a problem and that there’s a fault code in the memory. With that code you should be able to tell what’s wrong with it. So take it to somewhere where they can read airbag codes. And fix the problem. Or if you want to do it yourself get Mini-VCI and a laptop. Once you get the codes read you can post them here and somebody can probably help you if you need help.

3. wreched75

wreched75 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you!!!

So I found the code it's a B1650 occupancy airbag. I guess they are correlated, would you know how would I go about fixing it?