1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'06 arrival: what have YOU been told?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by endoildependency, Oct 8, 2005.

1. RonM

RonM New Member

Dealer: Capitol Toyota, San Jose, CA
    Date: Mid-November delivery (due on docks in early November)

I was told this yesterday (10/10) when I re-confirmed with the dealer. The pricing was supposedly not going to be available to them until early November. Given that, my guess is that delivery will be later than quoted (although the Prius is one car that can sell pretty easily with the MSRP still TBD).

2. Dylan

Dylan New Member

I ordered late Sept from Leesburg Toyota in VA and was told I was 30th on the list and they expected to be able to deliver me an '06 in late November. I told them I didn't want the car until Jan 1. I suspect they can't really get me the car before then anyway.

The guy I worked with didn't know anything about '06 packages or prices. All he knew is that leather would be a new option.

I also called Koons which is a high volume dealer known for aggresive sales tactics. The salesman told me he could get me an '05 in 30 days because they are the highest volume dealer on the east coast yadda yadda yadda. Then he tried to sell me a Camry. :rolleyes:

Edit: Koons also told me that they could deliver an '06 in late November.

3. Flujo

Flujo New Member

I know that this is not 100% on topic, but thought this group might know. I live in Cali, and installed my carpool stickers last month. Now thinking of selling my '04 Package 9 and buying an '06. Do the Carpool stickers go with my '04 or can I transfer them to my '06?

4. JMcPhee

JMcPhee New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    From

http://www.hybridcars.com/blogs/hybrid-com...e-carpool-lanes

Makes sense to me...

5. JMcPhee

JMcPhee New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I ordered an '05 in August. It arrived 10/7. I gave it away, and switched my preference to an '06. My FLEET MANAGERtells me that the '06 is in production. Allocations come to SOCal on the 5th and 20th of each month. He estimates he'll see some '06 cars mixed in with the last '05s on the October 20th Allocation, but told me not to expect it till the Nov 5th just to be safe. Delivery usually happens 2 weeks after the allocation date, so if I make the Nov 5 allocation, I hope to see my car on 11/21.

I don't know where all these other dealers are getting their info, but would bet they're trying to make the sale of an '05 NOW by making the '06's seem so far out. The "delayed production" rumor has yielded no truths that I've seen. unless you're in Muskogee Oklahoma, I wouldn't believe that they're delayed till 2006. we'll see them in Late November early December.

6. endoildependency

endoildependency New Member

This is the first piece of "information" (if it is) even more specific than what Dianne said---and coincides within a few days with what she said.

7. dbunn92614

dbunn92614 New Member

8. cgraham

cgraham Member

How the devil do you place an order now for '06 if you don't know what the packages are going to be (I heard they will change, and that the numbers of existing ones will change too), plus not knowing the MSRP of the vehicle and packages ????

What is the most MSRP could go up on basic vehicle, do you think?

C

9. endoildependency

endoildependency New Member

Look at the "pinned" threads at the top of this forum: "2006 Prius Option Codes..."
    These are accurate descriptions of what '06 packages will contain. No pricing yet, however.

Most people are anticipating an MSRP increase of $300-$750.

Those of us who have paid deposits are agreeing to pay MSRP, whatever it is, or even some small "discount" under MSP ($750 through Costco in my case).

10. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Far as I know for Japanese market.
    Toyota will display 06 Prius at Tokyo Motor show in end of month and go on sale November 1st.
    Already dealer has information and picture in their hand.

11. Tripod137

Tripod137 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I ordered an '06 on 10/11. Dealer says it will come in between 3 weeks and 2 months. Since I won't be taking delivery until after 1/06, I should be fine. Currently, they are charging $1000 over MSRP "but that is negotiable". When I got there, they had no idea about the new features or colors. I had to fill them in on what has been posted here. I also brought them to this site and he printed out the Options post. He also didn't know about the 2006 Tax Credit, so I took him to another site for that.

Geez!! Don't they tell their guys anything?

12. JMcPhee

JMcPhee New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My guy knows Dianne, and speaks highly of the Carson Dealership. With both of them saying the same thing, I'm pretty confident!!

Tripod -
    go work with an internet sales manager or fleet manager at your dealership. Don't pay over MSRP, and get the MSRP order in writing! If I can get it for MSRP in Orange County CA, where everything is SUPER expensive, you should be able to as well. One more thing - most of us put down a $100 - $500 deposit to "hold our place" in line for the car. If you didn't do that, or didn't receive any paper work, you may not have "ordered" anything... just an FYI..

cgraham,
    The packages listed in another thread on this site...
    http://priuschat.com/2006-Prius-Option-Cod...bos-t11078.html
    are pretty much confirmed at this point. We got them from many places, but a dealer in Carson California sealed the deal for us by confirming it. She's one of the best known/most knowledgeable fleet sales people on the west coast, and even my guy from Orange County, CA knows her.

Given that the packages and color are confirmed, nobody knows pricing. Rumors abound about the MSRP, and I would tend to go with an increase of $1000 or less. They added Tire pressure monitors, some new body styling, redid the headlights and tail lights, etc, so at least add $500 (I like to overestimate and feel good when it's less...). So where does that leave me with a fully loaded package "8"? I just take the "old" fully loaded package (6), bump the price by $500 (for '06 new stuff and profits for Toyota ;) ) and add the leather and camera...

The Fleet Manager at Toyota of RSM tells me that Leather for a car this size (similar to the camry) typically runs around $1000 from the factory. The rear camera shouldn't add much, since the MFD is already set up to take the input, so I (worst case scenario again) think around $500.

So....
    $22,275 MSRP?
    $5,565 Pkg 6 price plus $500
    $1,500 Leather & camera
    $540 Delivery

$29,880 TOTAL.. so I round up again, and assume my 2006 package 8 will run me about $30,000

PLEASE REMEMBER I'M GUESSING

But hey, it's reasonable - right? :huh:

13. amped

amped Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I posted in August, BC, in the pinned thread that my fleet manager said the same. Portland, being the closest US port to Japan, will get cars first. Local deliveries of 2006's begins during the first week of November, according to my reliable dealer. Other regions serviced by rail from Portland (Denver, Chicago, Kansas City, Cincinnati) will follow.

14. Tripod137

Tripod137 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I plan on checking with another dealership and putting in a "order" with them. Then I see who gives me the best deal..MSRP or lower.

15. Bionic

Bionic New Member

I wouldn't get my hopes up. There is absolutely no reason for the dealer to give you a great deal, since they can turn around and sell that car at or above MSRP in about 10 sec. The most you can hope for is that one dealer will get your dream car sooner than the other...

16. JMcPhee

JMcPhee New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

I agree about THAT dealer, but I don't consider MSRP a "great deal" - I consider it the "Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price". I would definitely FIND a dealer selling at MSRP, since there are many out there.

Seriously, it would cost you less to fly to a neighboring state on a Friday night($200), book a room ($100), buy the car at MSRP on Saturday morning, head home Saturday afternoon, book a room Saturday night ($100), and finish the trip on Sunday, than to pay $1000 over MSRP! (Oh yeah, gas and food for the trip... wait, it's A PRIUS! Even THAT is cheap!)

So you saved $500, and got a brief vacation....

In addition, the wait for your car at that new dealer would give you the time to save up for the $500 trip.

17. cgraham

cgraham Member

Thnaks, McPhee, very helpful.

So....
    $22,275 MSRP?
    $5,565 Pkg 6 price plus $500
    $1,500 Leather & camera
    $540 Delivery

$29,880 TOTAL.. so I round up again, and assume my 2006 package 8 will run me about $30,000

PLEASE REMEMBER I'M GUESSING

But hey, it's reasonable - right? :huh:
    [snapback]139953[/snapback]​
    [/quote]

Yes good guess, I guess!
    EXCEPT my understanding is that delivery/dealer prep is added to _Invoice_ price to arrive at MSRP: so you just "saved" $540. :)

If your dealer tells you something else, I would do some checking!

C

18. JMcPhee

JMcPhee New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :unsure: You are correct! Delivery is included in the MSRP, but the $22,275 I used is the 2005 "base/invoice price" of $21,275 plus the $1000 increase I'm expecting... I added delivery later. sorry :(

19. zqfmbg

zqfmbg New Member

When did you place the deposit? I talked with them in late September and the estimate was Jan-Feb; when I placed my deposit last week the estimate was first 2 weeks of Jan.

I also have a deposit at Toyota of Sunnyvale; $350 under MSRP, but the estimate is anywhere from late Jan to Mar.

20. JMcPhee

JMcPhee New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Dealerships in LA and the OC (we don't call it that! :blink: )are all saying late November, so your person in Sunnyvale may be blowing smoke. Go back and tell them that you're hearing November from other dealerships, and see what they say. Your deposit should be refundable, so you can take your business elsewhere if they're lying to you instead of just giving you an honest "we don't know".