1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'06 Dash Rattle

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by simonjohnpalmer, Oct 24, 2006.

1. kurtkrom

kurtkrom New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(magneticgreybase @ Oct 24 2006, 06:01 PM) [snapback]337661[/snapback]</div>

Ok, mine came from the plastic window covering the speedometer and instrumentation, up there by the front window. When the rattle starts, just put your finger on that area and it will stop.

2. Porridge

Porridge New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghirl @ Dec 1 2006, 11:57 AM) [snapback]356197[/snapback]</div>
    My solution to all the rattles was to trade the car in. Sorry folks, could not take this C#@p any more.

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Porridge @ Dec 20 2006, 08:46 PM) [snapback]364858[/snapback]</div>
    What did you replace it with?

4. biped

biped New Member

Apart from various understable rattles the most annoying sharp rattle came from the centre console front cup holder, not when it was down or "filled" but when it was "stored". Same as previously stated go over roughish streets and put your hand on it, I was looking for the noise everywhere but the cup holder, it sounded like it was dash noise. Felt pad(s) on the side of the cup holder cured it.

5. Infidel

Infidel New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rich biped @ Jun 30 2007, 10:59 AM) [snapback]470652[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(richard schumacher @ Dec 21 2006, 09:15 AM) [snapback]365101[/snapback]</div>
    To those that have had this elusive dash rattle, I finally got it fixed. The dealer nailed it first time, it was a warped dashboard panel, the one just forward of the MFD. I was skeptical because it didn't look warped, but the rattle is gone for good now. It was covered 100% on warranty.

Infidel

6. Heavy

Heavy Junior Member

Two months ago I took my 2006 with 10000 miles on it and told the dealer to change the oil and filter and find the rattle in the dash that had been there since i bought the car from them. When they drove the car into the work area the mechanic left the car in drive thinking the engine was off and my car went forward. the drivers door was damaged. The Toyota dealership did pay for all the damages and gave me a loaner for a week. they also replaced the Dash with a new one. They said the old one had some bent clamps. I no longer have any rattles in the dash. You might want to try my method, but you will be without your prius for week or so. Or you could tell them to replace the entire dash. Hope you can get it fixed as it drove me nuts.