1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

06 Master warning,brake warning, check engine, vsc hybrid system warning

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Douglas k, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Douglas k

Douglas k New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've read quite a bit of these threads, but this is exactly what my 06 Prius is doing. I have master warning, yellow brake warning, check engine, vsc and hybrid system warning lights on. I've got a brand new 12 volt battery in it. I disconnect the battery for five minutes and all the lights go away. I drive for an hour with no problems shut it off and then when I restart it all the same warning lights come on. It seems to run fine while all the warning lights are on. I've got a rattle noise in the engine compartment on the passengers side depending on rpm. I've got an O'reilly's auto parts in town and plan on getting any codes they can read tomorrow. I don't have much of a budget, the dealer wanted 125 just to check the codes. The fluids look good.199k miles. It just strikes me as odd that I can drive for quite a bit with no warning lights and they only come on after I stop and restart it. I'll get whatever codes they can give me tomorrow.

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

Disconnecting the 12v will clear the stored OBD2 codes (DTCs), best to not clear before using an OBD2 code scanner.

Not all scanners are toyota hybrid compatible, best to try all available free scans first, then procure a compatible cable or adapter.

Once you have the DTCs (codes) post them in this thread for additional guidance.

FYI : your posts are being moderated until you've posted five times.