1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

06 prius driving cycle?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by mehrshadvr4, Dec 15, 2012.

1. mehrshadvr4

mehrshadvr4 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Does anyone know what's the driving cycle for 06 prius? i repaired the HV battery and now i am trying to finish all the monitors so i can pass emission, but the damn thing won't complete all the monitors. i drove it for 160 miles so far. for other cars i only needed to drive it 20 miles to get it done. i called toyota dealer and the service deportment didn't know it either. this is really frustrating. this car has not been anything but trouble for me so far. i have to get the car register before the end of this year so i can turn it in to taxi. after Jan they won't accept any car older than 07.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    160 miles should be enough, a combination of city and highway driving is needed. How many on/off cycles are included in that driving?

If any engine ECU DTC are being logged, then of course the check engine light will not go off.

3. mehrshadvr4

mehrshadvr4 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    when i did it there was maybe 2 on and off cycle. i haven't done it to see if it's ready since yesterday,but when i looked at the monitors they keep switching ok/not ok with my android logger. i did mostley highway runs but there is maybe 20 miles of city driving.