1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale 06 Prius III w/Dorman Battery - Not Running

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by jhg, Dec 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jhg

jhg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three

2006 Prius III 115K mi, hybrid battery replaced at 110K with Dorman, still under warranty; new tires, new 12v battery.

Interior is good to excellent, exterior is fair to good, no major accidents, some minor body dents, repaired. Paint fair to good. Well maintained. Clear title.

The car currently has code P0AA6 "Hybrid battery voltage system Isolation Fault"

This could be the Dorman battery itself or some other component of the hybrid system.

Given the aftermarket battery the local Toyota dealership is leery of even undertaking diagnostics due to potential high cost. I've called a few local shops but for some reason, at least in this area, nobody wants to work on the hybrid system.

At this point I don't have the time to invest in getting it diagnosed, claiming on the Dorman warranty and finding someone to replace the battery, only to have the problem turn out to be some other part of the system.

If you are interested, make me an offer via private conversation.

2. trentofdestiny

trentofdestiny Master Finagler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Did the car have the P0AA6 code when the battery was replaced? Or is that a new thing

iPhone ?

3. chipr

chipr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five