1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

06 Prius red triangle

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ewhitaker0020, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Socal_Prius

Socal_Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Kind of a long shot, but anytime it rains out we have to check for pools of water in the battery area as we saw a few videos on youtube about that defect on Gen 2s before purchasing one and we test drove several that had a rusty battery from the water exposure and had to pass on but were otherwise cherry cars.

Apparently it can cause that red triangle issue and erratic issues. it's supposed to rain this week in Santa Barbara and I still haven't had time to water seal the back with gasket maker stuff in the tube (it' sitting in the back seat) so we will have to park it in my covered parking spot over night this week.

I can't use links since I just joined but look on youtube for a video called: Triangle of death fixed for under a dollar. 05 Toyota Prius, hope this works for you!

2. Ewhitaker0020

Ewhitaker0020 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How high can the voltage diff be before the car will throw an error code? I haven't driven the car since it threw an error code the other day. But today when I got home I decided to clear the codes and take it for a spin. I'm showing anywhere between half a volt while it's charging to 1.57v while I'm just sitting here and the ICE isn't running.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have heard that the ecu doesn't start to take notice until the difference is above 0.3V for awhile. Above that it's a question of how high for how long. 1.5V is crazy high. Either there's a faulty voltage sense wire or connection at the battery ecu or you have a module with a shorted cell.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.