1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

06 Prius - several service visits

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by rfish, Jul 7, 2007.

1. rfish

rfish Junior Member

Has anyone experienced the following warning lights and after service they returned? After having it for less than 30 days the VSC, (!), check engine and warning triangle lights came on. After three return visits they replace the ECU. Last month while out of state (of course) the same warning lights came on. The dealer said it needed the throttle cleaned and fuel injectors cleaned but after it was completed the lights again came on. This time they said it was due to them incorrectly back flushing while cleaning the injectors. This week the same lights. When they come on there is a noticable change in the acceleration and sound of the gas motor. Fuel mileage drops considerably.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

RFish

Update - The local dealer reported that they had worked with Toyota techs in California and they believe that the HV battery is losing communication with the ECU unit. They are replacing the HV battery this time. He said that the main code was P3000 both here and out of state. He also said that although he had not heard of this problem the techs indicated to him that they are seeing this problem "pop up" all over the country. It sounds as though I should buy the extended warranty because this may be an ongoing problem or trade in the Prius.

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Take it to a different dealer. Try looking for a competent one at the Cartalk section of http://www.cars.com

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rfish @ Jul 7 2007, 11:45 AM) [snapback]474641[/snapback]</div>
    Do you have a list of the stored codes? Start sending your Lemon Law letters. That should improve the quality of the Service Dept's work.

4. rfish

rfish Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(richard schumacher @ Jul 7 2007, 02:56 PM) [snapback]474711[/snapback]</div>

Thanks for the suggestions. I originally was hoping that the dealer out of state had really found the problem but it's evident now that they didn't. Each time I've spoken with someone they say that they rarely see a Prius in with any major problems yet alone anything like mine. I was hoping that possible someone else may have had the same experience and I could point them in the right direction.

I will get the codes from them and post them to see if this is of any help. When they changed the ECU and when I took it to the out of state dealer both times they said they had to get Toyota's tech's on the line to help try to isolate the problem.

Thanks again