1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'06 Prius totalled; replacement values? (Update 7/16/07)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by b1ffd00d, Jul 2, 2007.

1. jim0266

jim0266 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Glad everyone came out ok. Amazing. Thanks for sharing your story and photos.

On the second impact from the truck, how fast would you guess it was going and where exactly did it impact the car? Also, did your car have the side impact airbags? Any thoughts if those would have added more protection in your crash is you did have them?

Thanks,
    Jim

2. b1ffd00d

b1ffd00d New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jim0266 @ Jul 17 2007, 07:13 AM) [snapback]480203[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Jim --

I'd guess that the truck was going ~50 mph -- judging from what they told the officer, they were far enough behind me that they clearly saw the initial accident, but too close to effectively react. They ended up pretty far (around a hundred yards or so) down the road from where they hit me. The hit was diagonally against my left front wheel; in a few of the pictures, you can see a big green paint scrape next to where the HYBRID badge used to be. We had the side impact bags, but they didn't go off; I'm glad they didn't, because in this case, they'd only have bruised my arm even worse. (Had the hit been a few feet farther back, then it would have been a different story ...)

3. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(quagmire0 @ Jul 2 2007, 03:20 PM) [snapback]471668[/snapback]</div>
    yeah i would make an attempt at snagging both batteries.

4. HSDP

HSDP New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Re: '06 Prius totalled; replacement values? (Update 7/16/07)

Thank God you are OK. That looks like a bad accident.