1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'07 Blinking Shift Indicator and Fuel gage

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Aguanga, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Aguanga

Aguanga New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My '07 Prius was running fine until . . . Pulled into the driveway and shut down then decided to back in some more. Powered ON and ABS and also the BRAKE light came on - car would not shift and the shift indicator & fuel gage started BLINKING. Shut down and repowered with same results.
    I've checked the 12 volt supply and it is 12.7, even added a second battery to the engine bay jump start. I used an OBDII reader and get no codes only an E. No improvement and I'm dead in the water in Aguanga California.

Any Suggestions please.

2. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Try disconnecting the 12 battery for a couple of minutes then reconnect and try again (you'll have to reset the radio and perhaps auto window function).

JeffD

3. Aguanga

Aguanga New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    disconnecting the 12 battery for a couple of minutes then reconnect

Thanks JeffD but I've tried that - event jumped pins on the OBDII conector as suggested but it hasn't got me going yet.

4. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    If you're in northern CA, Luscious Garage and Art's Automotive are good independent Prius repair facilities.

JeffD