1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

07, Constant beep, doesn't turn on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Dusty Joe, Dec 22, 2022.

1. Dusty Joe

Dusty Joe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,

So my 07 prius currently won't turn on and there's a constant beep coming from the white electrical box under the dash behind the steering wheel. I can turn the headlights, wipers, etc on but the car won't power up. The car symbol with a key on it flashes on the dash. At first I thought it was a low battery so I changed it and even tried another battery and even have the charger hooked up and it doesn't change the issue. A month or two ago I had an after market remote starter installed which very well could play a factor in this issue. I found the fuses for it, removed them and even disconnected the car battery to "reset" the electronics and it did not resolve it. I know for certain the beep is not coming from the remote start controller. The car has a factory security system in it.
    Both the factory key fob (replaced the battery) and the remote start key fob are not communication with the car, I can't unlock or anything with either fob. I'm at a loss for what to try next. Please help!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    are you sure it's not an aftermarket security system?

3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    If you got the constant flashing red key then if your SKS silver logo on the back of your remote your original car remote then it sounds like you're transponder is not turning the alarm or the red key off to allow the car to start I'm assuming your fob is plugged into the slot or the amplifier mine didn't used to have to be but now my remote has to be plugged into the slot amplifier to get the beeps I used to be able to walk up to the car and the doors would unlock without me doing anything just being next to the car with the remote now I have to push the button on the remote open the door keep the fob in my hand stick it in the slot amplifier and then the beep start if I leave the door open and the car is ready to be ready no beeps no can ready or I guess if they can be turned off the beach that is you could still ready the car but I haven't tried to turn anything off. You say you have the red key showing The red key will not allow the car to ready or won't allow my '09 to ready that red key has to be gone.

5. Dusty Joe

Dusty Joe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm assuming it's factory because of the Toyota Security System sticker on the window

6. Dusty Joe

Dusty Joe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree it's gotta be something with the fob not allowing the car to turn on. I had to unlock the door with the key when this all started. But now even when I put the fob in the amplifier it's still not doing anything. And since I replaced the battery in the fob I can actually see a red light on the fob come on.

7. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    So before it was working without seeing a red light on the fob? So the battery was very low interesting My fob will work without a battery in it to start the car only it won't unlock the doors I was doing this for the last 2 months because I couldn't find my other fob which I now have found my other file by gutted and just left the transponder chip in and when I did that because the green board broke I guess it can't amplify the transponder anymore because it used to work just being in my pocket now I have to stick it in the slot to start the car. And with the new found remote it's still has to be in the slot a few months ago it could just be in my pocket I haven't tried to investigate this I'm just glad the car drives I rarely lock it or any of that so oh well.. in tech stream. You can play with some features for the SKS I personally haven't done it I looked at the screen but I didn't proceed with anything I want to turn everything off so there's no everything is silent and no flashing I don't need any of that no beeping etc

8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i don't recall anyone ever mentioning they had a toyota security system sticker. i wonder if the dealer added something

Tombukt2 likes this.
  9. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Only sticker I've ever seen for Toyoda security was about 85 or so on Ra Ma Celica or supra. That I remember