1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'07 Prius - AC not blowing cool B1423

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by JosieH, Aug 24, 2016.

1. JosieH

JosieH Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all,

About a month and a half ago, I noticed the air conditioning in my 2007 was not all that cool. Since this was about the time things started getting hot here, I'm not sure how long it had been that way. I've had this car since last September.

Had a mechanic friend pull vacuum and measure, run UV dye, and recharge. No leaks found, pressure was low (don't remember what it was), and he suggested replacing the h/l pressure valves just in case. Worked fine for the next month or so, but last week, started blowing warm (no coolness at all) on my commute home. I made a stop after my 30ish min commute, parked for 15 min, and it was cool then, and that was the last time it has worked. I don't hear anything kicking on.

Steps taken so far:
    • Pulled out my UV flashlight and couldn't see anything in the engine bay or even below last night. Watch window on HP side is nice and bright yellow.
    • Bought a cabin air filter since dealer recommended the replacement (will put it in tonight probably and see if I can hear anything else)
    • Checked 10A AC/HTR fuse in the int. fuse box
    • Did the AC auto/Recirc button + On button to get any codes. I got 21 and 23.
    Anything else to check? Where is the pressure switch anyway? HALP?

2. JosieH

JosieH Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm getting some condensation dripping out, and when I feel the high pressure side, I can feel some movement. What I did notice, with the temps back over 90 was no cooling fans turning on. Getting my mechanic friend to help out tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    all the best. if he can't figure it out, take it to toyota. i hope he put the correct refrigerant in.