1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

07 Prius custom interior

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Scott56, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Scott56

Scott56 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This is my first post and I have been following the forum for some time now. I want to give a quick rundown on how I changed rhe feel lf the inside of the car:

-Custom fit leather console cover ($30 on ebay. It ships from China but is 1000 times betrer than that raggidy material it replaced!)

-MDF Display Hood ($30 on ebay. It takes the glare from the sun off the screen whichbwas such a distraction before.)

-Aries custom all weather floor mats. ($85 for the front driver and passenger on Amazon. They latch in place and don't budge at all. The marerial underneath clings to the carpet and is high quality.)

-Eudalyn black leather seat covers ($25 each on Amazon. Even though my seats are leather, they were fading and it still needed a cover. I used aome anti skid foam sheets used for carpets and they hold them in place very nicely. Thry have some cushion underneath them and it makea for a much softer ride than before. The stock prius seats are not comfortable in generals for the 2nd generarion so this is a good remedy.) -Scott

Attached Files:

Don Shouse, dolj, bisco and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ajourney101

Ajourney101 Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Please share the link to the center console and the MFD hood. Thanks

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. TheMole

TheMole Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OP, everything you've done looks clean!

Found the mfd hood below. Tempted to get one as well!
    Toyota Prius 04-09 Sun Visor for your Display | eBay

For the center console cover just search for 2004 prius armrest cover and several should show up.

#3 TheMole, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    Ajourney101 likes this.
  4. iron-icman

iron-icman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    That looks spot on that

5. MilkyWay

MilkyWay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That looks amazing. Add links and more pics when you have the chance. Do the leather seats cover the entire seat (or does your back support remain stock and mismatched?)

6. Scott56

Scott56 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  7. Scott56

Scott56 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  8. Scott56

Scott56 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  9. Scott56

Scott56 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  10. Scott56

Scott56 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    (I have to exceed 4 forum posts before posting any links, hence the --- replys)

Thanks so much for the response! Sorry I was tired and didn't have my glasses last night which concluded my spelling errors on here. A glass of wine could or could have not affected my preciseness :)

AJourney101- thanks on that and the same link I was pretty sure I bought from was the one TheMole responded with.

TheMole- Thanks for that, There was a priushoods.com that sold these exclusively some time ago but the last time I checked they didn't have them. One post said they were $75 about 5 years ago so from the looks of it they have decreased dramatically. I'll tell you what though, it's has been worth every penny. One post said the velcro was starting to come off the side of the console (it comes with one velcro strip (fuzzy) on each side that has to attach to the side of the display. With heat it might be possible for that glue to loosen so I just used a couple dabs of super glue before putting it on, and those strips are on there like cement, even in the hottest part of this summer. The stiff velcro side is actually embedded on the inside portion of the base part. It isn't even a strip, it's like it was manufactured to be almost inside the plastic panel.

Iron-icman- Thanks, hopefully some of these are available to you in the UK.

Milkyway-the leather seat cover covers the entire portion of the seat. It has these band clips through the back portion (relatively thick) that you can stretch behind it underneath the bottom flap of the back portion of the seat. The front part has clips just like the back and that was a bit more difficult to find a place to latch them on as they have hooks. I had to pick and choose a spot when I was suspended upside down. After much research, going with the black base and not a full seat cover was the best option. The full leather black seat covers that are custom fit for the prius cost over 500 dollars. There are mixed reviews of them not staying in place and bubbling out. I rather just pay the 50 than the 500, it won't add much more value to the vehicle if any. Especially if you already have leather seats like mine, the back portions and the head pieces would slide around like crazy without the assistance of the anti slip sheet like I used on the seats.

MDF Display hood - Toyota Prius 04-09 Sun Visor for your Display

Leather Console cover- Fits 2004-2009 Toyota Prius Leather Center Console Lid Armrest Cover Black | eBay

Aries custom fit black all weather car mats (the link I bought mine with is gone but I'm pretty sure this is the same thing, 2nd gen) -
    (the link is unable to show up in each edit for some reason..)

Edealyn leather car seat cover -

At the time it was too expensive to buy mats for the back row and cargo (Aries didn't have a cargo mat) so I just had to improvise with a substitute. DON'T purchase the cargo mat displayed from price ranges 20-50 dollars such as this (on both ebay and amazon selling under different titles and sellers, they all come from China using RECYCLED CAR TIRES and when they get hot, your interior will smell like a junkyard. Too many reviews on these things say the same thing Trunk Cargo Liner Mat for Cars All Weather Rubber Black Heavy Duty Auto | eBay

I found the perfect substitute though, the stained and nasty cargo mat that I had, I just made my own. I bought a 3 1/2 x 5 foot black carpet square from Walmart for $12 dollars and used a marker to outline the current one on the back side. Then I just used some sharp scissors and cut the outline on the back. It is very comfy to the feel and does the job!

On the back row I just purchased a runner rug as I couldn't set my mind on two square mats (not available by themselves anyway) I gave the front mats with the set to my parents who needed it. Car Auto Floor Mats for Toyota Camry 3pc Heavy Duty Semi Custom Fit Black Carpet | eBay

I'll attach the photos of both of those as well. Do you like my Trunk monkey?? Every vehicle needs a trunk monkey :) He has been the trunk guardian of mine for 12 years :) Here's a 30 second clip of a "trunk monkey" commercial. I think they are hilarious! ->

19357519_728783405945_1298989269_n.jpg 19264916_728783410935_348766289_n.jpg

Ajourney101 likes this.
  11. iron-icman

iron-icman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Hi fortunately the car I pick up on Monday has full factory leather which I'm thrilled about but thank you looks good

Scott56 likes this.
  12. Ajourney101

Ajourney101 Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have Clazzio car seats. Cost 419.00 with military discount(if you call and tell them your military, they take your word for it). Original cost 499.00. The center console piece doesn't get snug that's why I'm impressed with yours.

I have Husky Liners floor mats for the front and rear.

I just bought an OEM original leather wrapped steering wheel from LKQcorp.com to match the new seat covers. The seat covers are so snug they look like the real seats. I have tan cloth underneath, yucky, stain too easy.

1497819145605.jpg 1497819159306.jpg 1497819168573.jpg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

iron-icman and Scott56 like this.
  13. Scott56

Scott56 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    icman-oh cool congrats on your gen2 prius! I hear people are saying these are some of the most reliable ones apart from battery issues.

Ajourney101-wow that is a good looking interior! I had a independent detailer install my center console leather skin. He used the industrial adhesives used in headliners and the cushion that goes under the headliner under the skin part. It was 75 for labor for him to do that, I don't see any other way people install those. I did see a youtube vid and they unbolted the inner shell, and glued the interior with wood glue or something.

Ajourney101 and iron-icman like this.
  14. iron-icman

iron-icman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    Thanks see some of my other posts for any tips if you can help me at all

Ajourney101 likes this.