1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

07 prius will not start

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Dan deroehn, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Dan deroehn

Dan deroehn New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Oh that makes more sence I was thinking if it got below the 2 or 3 gallon mark it wouldn't start and that would be a pretty dumb design but what you two just said makes a lot more sence. I've never run our of gas, I actually don't like letting it go below a quarter tank. Unless someone stole my gas I think we can rule that out.

2. Dan deroehn

Dan deroehn New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Typical dealership stuff, blah blah blah they can't look at it until tomorrow morning I'll update then. (Apologies to anyone involved in a dealer. I've never had good experiences).

bisco likes this.
  3. Dan deroehn

Dan deroehn New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I got an answer finaly. While trying to figure out what was wrong and why my prius wasn't starting, I cracked the service plug on the side of the hybrid battery/computer. That is the reason the dealer told me the car would not start. Which doesn't exactly explain why the car wouldn't start because it wouldn't start before I cracked it and as much as I tried to explain that to then they assured me that was the reason. So we will find out Wednesday or Thursday if that actually was the issue.

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have service plug for sale for half price. My guess is you didn't slide it down

usnavystgc likes this.