1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

08 145k pricing advice

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jgodfrey82, Apr 24, 2017.

1. jgodfrey82

jgodfrey82 Junior Member

My wife's 2008 with 145k miles is being retired by our family. I purchased her an MKZ hybrid that we are in love with.

The 08 is red and I've had the front Bumper and rear spoiler re-painted due to Florida sun fade, the roof still has completely started to peel and fade (hard to see with morning dew). I'm ready to try and private sale this car after seeing cash offers online of only about $2300.

Mechanically the car is in perfect condition inside just was steam cleaned the detailed and looks great. Based on comps i see here in Orlando I think it's probably worth $4500 to $5000 however the paint may reduce that. Would it be worth getting a cheap ($400?) paint correction done on the roof before listing it? Any advice on the best places to try and sell this prius? 1493035639692.jpeg

SM-G950U ?

2. biglew8

biglew8 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    How was the Prius serviced? Services up to date? Have all service records? Has the 12v auxiliary battery and hybrid battery been replaced? If so, when? How are the tires? Any previous accidents?

3. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    1.The Best Headlight Restoration Kit | Headlight Renewal Kits
    Just sayin....

2. Try this forum. There's a sub-forum for Buy-Sell-Trade.

3. If you sell it locally, get the maintenance records from Toyota and pay for a Carfax report.
    Find out what your car is worth at kbb.com and price accordingly. Specify whether or not it's been smoked in, since many people will not even consider driving in a smoker's usta-car.

4. Used Cars, New Cars, Reviews, Photos and Opinions - CarGurus
    Good place for comps and possible sales tool.

5. Other than the headlamp restoration (which is less than $20) forget about trying to paint anything. You won't get $400 worth of redemption and they might make it worse.
    Youy target market is "fairly dependable college car or beater" and "runs good" trumps "looks good."
    The car is old and it's 2/3 of the way through its service life. It's not mechanically perfect.....it's mechanically 2/3 of the way through its service life.

6. Admit to steam-cleaning nothing, unless asked, since it (a) it usually means that you're trying to hide something and (b) using live steam in places with wires and electronics (like...........under a seat or in an engine compartment) can actually be bad.

7. Turn the car right-side-up.

Good Luck!!

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i would go with the kbb private seller price, good condition. all the best!(y)

5. 05PreeUs

05PreeUs Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In GOOD condition, reconditioned, fully saleable and with no repairs (paint or mechanical) needed, even on DEALER LOTS, a car (read 4 door sedan) will being MAYBE NADA Trade... AT BEST. Plan accordingly.