1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

08 DVD Navigation map CD for sale

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by C.RICKEY HIROSE, Apr 12, 2008.

1. C.RICKEY HIROSE

Correct, version 7.1 is the current most updated disc.
    Version 8.1 will be on the 09 cars from August shipping.

2. tyrael

tyrael Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    C.Rickey: do you have any more discs available? I still need to check mine but my vehicle is a 2006 MY bought in the summer of 06 so, with all the previous posts, I should be okay. do you accept paypal and should I just wait 3 more months for the newer version? I live in a rather new area of town so I'm still not on the latest software from what I have heard.

3. C.RICKEY HIROSE

Yes, I do have more GPS upgrade discs 7.1 or 6.1's of your choice.
    Please let me know, by calling me if I can help.

4. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have an '06. It has the newer uncrackable Navigation. My question is: does it make it where you do not click "I agree." I saw a reply on here that said it simply says don't look at the screen while driving and goes away after a few seconds. Is that correct? If so I am in!

5. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yes.

With the old DVD (version 6.1) each time that you used the navigation, you would get the "I agree" screen and you were required to dismiss it by touching the soft button before it would show the map.

With the newer DVD (version 7.1) each time that you want to use navigation, you now get a different screen with no soft button, just a statement about not staring at the screen and after about 3 sec the screen changes to the map without any action from the driver.

6. brad_rules_man

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sold, I will call tomorrow. :) hehe

7. brad_rules_man

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    one more question.... do you gain functionality of entering destinations on the fly? just curious. I am still pleased to get such an update.

8. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    No, destinations can only be entered when stopped, just like before.

9. C.RICKEY HIROSE

Yeah, Toyota is very concerned that by incorporating Nav "destination" while in motion can lead to fatal accident. So all Toyota-Lexus Nav has no input while driving.

10. YoDaddyAlex

YoDaddyAlex Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    will version 8's work in older models, such as my 2007?

11. dogfriend

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It works in my 2007.

12. vicdreyer

vicdreyer New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hi All,

I just signed up today.

Just wanted to add that I did receive the DVD from C. Rickey and it works like a charm. It's nice to have the updated maps (and especially nice to get rid of the 'I agree' screen).
    Thanks Rickey!

Vic

13. C.RICKEY HIROSE

Hi Vic,

I'm glad that the 7.1 DVD NAV upgrades
    works for you.
    Just trying to help "PriusChat's" forum members and lurkers.

14. esskay

esskay Junior Member

I have a 2006 Prius with the newer generation NAV. I also have a Coastal Tech Lockpick 3 (the basic version which automatically clicks "I Agree" for you and allows for destination address input/etc while the car is in motion).

I notice some people saying that the v7.1 DVD gets rid of the "I Agree" screen. Does anyone know if this v7.1 DVD is compatible with the Lockpick 3? In particular retaining the ability to input a destination while in motion?

thanks!

15. osfan

osfan New Member

Re: 08 Navigation Upgrade DVD version for sale

I own a 2006 Toyota Prius and would like to purchase a copy of the DVD navigation upgrade.
    Please contact me as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    Troy Mildren

16. C.RICKEY HIROSE

Hello Troy Mildren,

Sent you a PM . Please call me if you have any question.

17. jeffepops

jeffepops New Member

While I have no reason to doubt Mr. Hirose's honesty, I am trouble that he deals only in cashiers checks and money orders. Honest web businesses should be concerned with protecting their customers as well as their own financial security. Please be aware that both cashiers checks and money orders can easily become lost or stolen in transit. In addition, if the item you have purchased id lost or stolen in transit, you may have no recourse, other than relying on the decency of the merchant. Finally -- not to besmirch Mr. Hirose -- every government and consumer group has recognized that this is the most common method criminals use to perpetrate mail and internet fraud. It is almost impossible to recover you losses if you do not receive the purchased item(s) when you use a cashiers check or money order once it is cashed. You might as well send cash.

If Mr. Hirose has obtained these DVD's through legitimate means, I believe he should sell them in an appropriate manner that respects and insures that PriusChat members will be protected.

18. C.RICKEY HIROSE

Jeffepops,

What is the issue here? Did you try to obtain a Gps dvd upgrade from me? Are you the person that insist, me taking personal check or accept paymnet via PayPal from you?

I have no complains from any PC members that has gotten the DVD from me and none of the takers has lost or not received the goods from me.

If anyone wants to insure their cashier's check or the return packet containing the DVD, US POSTAL SERVICE only charges $2.60 up to $200.00 value, You can also insure the money order or the cashier's check
    for $2.60 so $150.00 for DVD plus insurance at $2.60 each way, plus $5.00 shipping then total will be $160.20..

This is way cheaper then going to your local Toyota. However, if you want to use your CC go to your local Toyota and pay $250.00 plus tax. my contribution price to PC members, save and buys a "Lot of Gas" with the chump change!

The PriusChat members are protected alright, All testimonials prove it otherwise, except someone, that wants me to do it his way.

19. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ohayo gozaimasu Hirose san,

Sorry I missed this thread when it began months ago. Many here on PC want the NEW NAV, but they want the "I agree" feature on the oldder DVDs. The reason? NAV over-ride. You likely know already, that coastaletech.com sells a wonderful device that over-rides Toyota's data input (bluetooth & navagation) while the car is in motion. But if a Toyota NAV owner upgrades (same with Lexus) to one of the newer versions, the "I agree" part of the software is removed.

There is a solution, but it's a little bit complicated. If you have a DVD that can write / re-write, you can combine the 2 basic components of your old & newer upgrade DVD to make a new DVD that includes the best of both. The end result? Updated maps, with the original "loading file" (that's the part of the DVD software that runs the map). In computer geek language, the critical software operation program called a ".kwi" file (without parenthesis).

All you have to do (making it sound easy now :p) is save the .kwi file on your older DVD to your computer, pull all the other files out of the newer DVD, and combine them to form a new iso that you can then copy onto a blank DVD disk. This will require the high grade-large volume double density type DVD in order to work. Then you're good to go, with a disk that will still allow your lockpick device to work seamlessly, with the upgraded roadmap data.

20. C.RICKEY HIROSE

hill-san, konnichiwa, Ogenkidesuka?. Long time no see, er, no speak with you. Yes, I am aware that you can use "kwi file"

The topic is not about this subject I believe. This perspective DVD seeker wants me to take a personal check or credit card for the purchase of 7.1 gps DVD upgrade.