1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'09 coming in, wondering about additional options...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tundrwd, Sep 22, 2008.

1. tundrwd

tundrwd Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I have a 2009 Seaside Pearl Prius, Bisque Interior, Package 2, coming in about 4 weeks. The options include:

Includes backup camera, Smart Key system, AM/FM stereo, CD player, MP3 capability, auxiliary input jack, six speakers and Vehicle Skid Control.

Ok - pretty basic. My questions are these:

• I assume there is no cover/mat for the rear end - correct? Or is it carpeted?
    • Does the "tonneau" roll-out cover come with the unit standard?
    • I'm having troubles trying to find out if Cruise Control is part of Pkg #2. I'm pretty sure it is, but Toyota's site lists it as "part of a package", and I can't find a detailed package list that lists Cruise.

I need car mats, and while I prefer the carpeted variety, I do live in an area that can be muddy at times, so rubber mats are nice. I've usually had a "combo" type that has some carpeting, but is also rubber. Suggestions for mats? (I'm really preferring the OEM mats, and leaning towards the OEM rubber mats, since they usually just fit better, are heavier duty than the others, etc.)

Also need mud guards (since I drive a bit on gravel). I'm assuming the OEM guards are best.

I’ve already got a short 3.5mm audio cable to connect my iPod (I assume it connects through the earphone jack on the iPod, and not the interface connector). While I’m sure many will think the stock audio system is insufficient, for those times I’ll simply use the earphones. At some point, I may get a DICE (or similar) unit, but not now. I’m actually more interested in the long run getting some kind of “on-board†computer (www.gumstix.com, etc.) running with the MFD and touchscreen. (I already have a 7†touchscreen GPS running Windows CE that I’ve begun hacking on. Has optional RCA input jacks, for audio/video, etc.)

I’m mostly interested in thoughts between the OEM additions vs. 3rd party (like Prius Parts Online, etc.)

Also, as I understand, if I desire to get an extended warranty (doubtful), I can get it anytime during the 3 year/36K mile warranty – correct?

Any other thoughts?

2. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When I got my 08 Package 2 i bought it off the lot and it included the Floor Mat/Cargo Mat and First Aid Kit Package.

My Package 2 has cruise control.

The tonneau cover i believe is part of the Package 2 unless they removed it for 09.

I would get the Weathertech Floormats as they are built better and go all the way to the doorsill so crap doesnt roll off the sides and spill onto your carpet underneath.

The mudguards you can get in the Priuschat Store, the price is good and it supports the site.

I would also recommend getting the black rear bumper protector if you are going to carrying cargo a lot because it will pay for itself the first time you dont have to go to a body shop to take care of all the scratches.

3. GT in PA

GT in PA New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Here's the things listed on the Toyota site for the 2009 Prius Package 2:

Package #2 (savings of up to $600) [14]-includes cruise control, heated outside mirrors, 15-in. 6-spoke alloy wheels with trim rings, tonneau cover, seatback pockets, AM/FM CD with six speakers, auxiliary audio jack and MP3/WMA playback capability, Smart Key System [1], backup camera [7] and Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) [12] (HG)

I hope that helps.

GT

4. 09BlueBoy

09BlueBoy New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    My First Post ... I just this last Friday picked up my 09 Package #2 Spectra Blue. It had the OEM Carpeted mats as well as the cargo mat as part of an additional charge from the manufacturers MSRP as well as the rear bumper protector. The protector looks more like a sticker and is not rubber and has PRIUS on it, however, it does look really cool on the back bumper.

You will only need the cord between your earphone jack and the Aux. input. You will not believe the sound! After purchasing the 1/8th inch stereo cord at Radio Shack, and plugging in the ipod, I had to show off how good it sounds to a good buddy, we are both musicians and run sound for various ensembles. We both could not believe how good the sound is. You can use your Bass and Treble controls to fine tune the sound. WOW does Tower of Power Rock with this set up!

Adjust your ipod to equity gain which is at about 80% of the total volume. Then adjust the volume on the stereo in the car to the level you want.

I put the ipod in one of the cup holders on the center console. I do not see me buying any ipod conversion kits for the car, it seems that the ipods are consistantly changing and I do not want to keep upgrading. You can alway buy a ipod car charger if you are concerned about your ipod battery. This is the best way to go! Dealing with C.D.'s is very awkword! Good luck!

Larry