1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'09 Prius, 240k, code P1D00, and P1D001

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by downeastah, Jul 15, 2019.

1. downeastah

downeastah Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yesterday, while driving home, my check engine like came on. Scan gauge showed that the volt reading, while driving fluctuated from 12.9-13.6 V. Temps good, OAT was 85F. When I got into the driveway I checked for code readings and got P0000, P1D00, and P1D01.
    Not sure what FRZD means, but that showed up also.
    I am the original owner and have tried to take good care of her, but this has me worried.
    Should I be worried?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    check the gas cap for tightness.

not sure those codes are correct, or you might need sub codes. start by testing the 12v after the car has been off for 4 hours.

once confirmed good/charged/replaced, read the codes with tech stream, torque, dr prius, hybrid assistant, etc

3. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If the CEL came, on it did so for a reason.

As @bisco said, your scan gauge product isn't capable of reading all of the Toyota DTCs, best to visit a local parts store and borrow another.

If they don't have a Toyota Hybrid compatible scanner to loan, think about buying a bluetooth device for a few dollars or a generic cable for 20. One requires an android device, the other a laptop or table with a USB port and windows.

Could also take it to a friendly mechanic who would scan it for free, or the stealership if feeling rich (or if they offer free scans like my own).

downeastah and Raytheeagle like this.