1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

10 cars that sank Detroit.

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Godiva, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Genoz World

Genoz World ZEN-style living

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw the news today.......while pleading their cases to receive the 25B bailout to congress, the CEO of GM & FORD both traveled there on their PRIVATE LEAR jets..........all to the tune of approximately $20,000 usd charged to their companies..................

let the GUILLOTINE drop. i have ZERO compassion after today. let them go under. 25B will only last 5 months max....................my god....................this is absolutely absurd.

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    GM & Ford have closed plants in NJ & we survived. The Ewing & Linden plants come to mind. The buildings on the Linden site are being demolished and it is mostly empty space now. The road signs with the GM names are the only evidence of what was there.

The Detroit auto industry still sell a lot of product. They need to cut expenses and dividends while improving quality. If the UAW won't negotiate then go into Bankruptcy Court where ALL of the existing employment contracts can be voided and competant management can be appointed by the court.

The government can help by drafting all of the participants in the Job Bank. Instead of being paid to sit and watch tv they can be paid to patrol the Michigan or Mexican border.

The Big 3 should could try getting Jerry Lewis to host a telethon for them or GM could ask all those prospective Volt owners to send advance payments.

At one time all the US makes were independant companies. Maybe it is time to bust up the Big 3 to eliminate the corporate overhead.

3. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I see we think alike. I couldn't have said it better myself

4. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Awesome post! I loved the part about the border!