1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

10% Ethanol gas cuts mpg ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by rich s, Jul 20, 2012.

1. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Geez at that cost you could buy E10 and "distill" it to remove the ethanol and make a profit. Keep in the mind that high E0 cost is not reflective of the true price difference without gov't intervention to mandate ethanol. That is probably a specialty product intended for small engine operators (boats etc)

2. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I think you must consider that in some cars you see no improvement in mpg running super 91? yet we know that in other cars you will see a much larger change. when oregon mandated e10 I saw my dodge grand caravan mpg for my in town driving that has lots of cold start short trips. it went from 18 to 15mpg:( but our suburban with a 350 engine stayed the same at 14 mpg. some cars do a better job of using whatever fuel they get.

I think that these race cars also have blowers and huge injectors, they dont care how much unburnt fuel goes out the exaust and that is a very different setup than our modern cars we are driving today.