1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

$10 Lowes card helped buy my new faucet

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cyberpriusII, May 4, 2020.

1. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Needed to replace an old kitchen faucet, that worked fine until the father-in-law "fixed it."

After his initial fix, it has been "fixed" three more times by him and works worse each time.

What is that old saying...."if it ain't broke."

Anyway, I hate Home Depot, but none of the local places had what I wanted which is a plain single-handle stainless steel unit -- we used to have a local plumbing and electric supply place, but when Home Depot moved in, it held on for a few years until it went out of business.

Went to Home Depot, waited in line with my N95 mask, went to the faucet section....all four packages of the only model that fit my needs had been ripped open -- not sure if they were returns or not, but did not want to risk buying one of them as I do not want to go in again because something is broke or missing.

Came home slapped Lowes into Google and they are offering a $10 gift card if you buy a $50 or more gift card -- so basically 20 percent bonus, I guess.

https://www.lowes.com/l/gift-cards.html?cm_mmc=src-_-c-_-brd-_-mdv-_-google-_-brand_core-_-Brand-Core_Exact-_-lowes-_-0-_-0&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIra-w2Keb6QIVCMNkCh05NwkEEAAYASACEgI9t_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Lowes' price was $8 cheaper anyway and with the $10 card, it comes to $18 cheaper and I do not have to brave the Home Depot crowd.

Anyway, not a ton of $$, but.....not letting father-in-law touch the new one.
    kris

edthefox5 likes this.
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Here we have Home Depot, Lowes, and Menards making sort of a big triangle to the east of me, and any time I have a non-trivial project it seems I always get to make the whole triangle to complete the materials list. I get the choice of making it clockwise or counterclockwise.

It seems to me for a couple projects I got to compare the blue-aproned and orange-aproned guys who will run the threading machine to thread pipe for you. I ended up deciding to go Home Depot whenever I needed that done. The blue guys seemed to be more cavalier about setting up the machine, using sharp dies, ..., made kinda janky threads.

But that was my particular blue guys and orange guys, and it was some years ago.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    my dad loved lowes, and hated home depot. he also liked fixing other peoples 'not a problems', but at 80 to 90 years, no one wanted to say anything :X3:

4. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Way to go! (y)

5. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Lowes will more likely have in stock what you need. Homedepot will have beautiful online pictures, but everything is online ordering..........with 2 or more weeks for product delivery. Lowes had what I needed in stock TODAY. Just like cyberpriusll, why have a store if you don't have the stock? And besides, we all know home improvements take longer to do, so why have to wait even longer for the parts?