1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

'10 Prius Lowest Cost of Ownership?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by eddiehaskell, Jul 28, 2009.

1. eddiehaskell

eddiehaskell Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm looking at the little chart on Automobilemag.com ( 2010 Toyota Prius II Hatchback Ownership Costs & Maintenance at Automobile Magazine) and so far out of all the cars I've looked at, it has the 2nd lowest COO.

Here are the numbers:

Prius II - $24,479
    Fit Sport - $24,990
    Fit base - $23,645
    Insight EX - $27,192
    Civic LX - $26,538
    Corolla XLE - $26,241
    Accord LX-P - $32,471

Not bad...

2. lamontcranston

lamontcranston Umbra Tenet

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That fits in very well with what I expect. I'm going to be buying my Prius next month, trading up from a Corolla. The Corolla has been an excellent car, very reliable, but I'm convinced to make the $3500 jump in MSRP up to a Prius because I'm confident it will come back to me in trade-in value and gas savings.

The Corolla was no slouch, getting an honest 40mpg in mostly highway driving, but if I can get 50+ from the Prius, it's a no-brainer.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My Prius has definately cost me less in overall ownership than any of my previous vehicles in terms of everything but initial cost.

The COO on the 2010 will take a few years to be determined since it is a new model and there may be quirks/bugs that show up later on.

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Where's Art Spinelly when you need him ... shouldn't he be continuing to rant how the Hummer has the lowest C.O.O. ? Or is it because GM is bankrupt, that no more spin money is available ...

:p