100,000 Mile Club

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by efusco, Mar 6, 2007.

1. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    It's much better if you can split the cost of the conditioning system with others in your area but I wouldn't go as far as saying you shouldn't buy one. Though the cost may seem high related to the value of the car when initially purchased, much of the money can be recouped by selling the used unit should you ever part with the car. There's also the prospect of others eventually joining you to share the cost later.

The principles behind it are sound and recommended by battery experts who deal with rechargeable batteries in other industries. I know in my case it has strengthened my battery health, delaying what most likely would have happened already: battery failure. The jury is out on how long it will extend the battery life, whether that be one, two, five, even ten years or more, but I'm convinced it has prolonged it a year and a half so far. The price of replacement batteries has gone down in the last year and a half, making the repair cheaper, so there's that to consider against the cost of it too.

In the meantime, the longer it goes, the more I continue to sock away each month in my "set aside for car repairs" account. . When the expensive brake actuator or battery eventually fails (hopefully not soon) I am now in a position where I can either fix the Prius I have or pay cash for a newer car.

Raytheeagle, JC91006 and padroo like this.
  2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes you are correct, you have many valid points.

srellim234 and Raytheeagle like this.
  3. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I bought our Prolong equipment then had other join later:).

Works very well for us(y).