1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

100,000 Mile Club

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by efusco, Mar 6, 2007.

1. dwreed3rd

dwreed3rd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Get one of those UV activated DIY glass patch kits. They are inexpensive and easy to use. I had a chip in the windshield on the passenger side and used one to patch it. No, it doesn't make it disappear as advertised, but it does make it look a little better, most of all it stops it from running. Mine is now about 6 years old and still looks like the day I repaired it. Someone I know had the same thing happen, but never got around to patching it and now has a crack running all the way across the window. I don't gaurantee anything, but it worked for me and it definitely seems worth a try, even if it's just a temporary fix. Reminds me of when the girls used to use nail polish on their stockings to stop a runner, but then you're probably too young to remember that.

2. brownsnoutuk

brownsnoutuk Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2005 Prius with 137,xxx miles. Used as a delivery car for 87,000+ miles.
    Im on my third set of tires. The only items ive changed are the tires, wipers, air + cabin filters, regular oil changes around 5-7500 miles. I drive almost 300 miles a day so I find it hard to maintain slower speeds. My lifetime average is probably around 43mpg. Thats driving 90% on the highway at 70-75 mph.

Some problems that ive noticed others are having that im also experiencing:
    Paint is peeling off the glovebox opener.
    Paint is peeling off the door card where i rest my arm.
    Rear passenger cup holder(rear centre console) keeps popping out.
    Arm rest gets dirty quickly.

Hopefully this car will last another 100000 miles. Overall im very satisfied with my Prius. The best feature is when you run out of gas, you can keep going for a couple extra miles on the battery. Thats saved me walking about 4 times now.

3. CBarr31

CBarr31 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    My Prius Ema ... Electronically Modulated Accessory

Date of Purchase: March 28, 2006
    Type: Standard Prius (15" Wheels) Package #7

Miles to Date: 125,535
    Lifetime MPG: 47.57
    Best Tank MPG: 60.93 on 9/28/07
    Best Tank Miles: 616 Miles
    * Note: Best Tank MPG and Best Tank Miles aren't the same. I found that strange.
    Worst Tank MPG: 37.26 on 3/19/08 (Ontario, I think.)

Driving Style/Information:
    - I typically drive 5 MPH or so over the posted speed limit regardless of where I am at. As you can guess from the amount of miles in the short amount of time I drive mostly highway/interstate miles, probably 85 or 90%. The cruise is used almost all the time then. I rarely if ever attempt to pulse & glide although Ema has taught me how to be easy on the gas and coast more when I can especially to red lights, stop signs or up to stopped/slowing traffic.

Maintenance Performed:
    - Nothing other than routine maintenance has been performed on Ema. I did replace the stock Incrappities at 76,000 miles with Michelin Harmonies for my biggest expense.
    - I have the oil & filter changed along with tire rotation done every 5K or so. Every third or fourth oil change I have the 4-Wheel alignment checked and corrected if needed.
    - I also had "Full" maintenance checks done at 30K, 60K and 90K. I have not had the 120K service completed yet since my miles are almost all highway miles. Everything still looks great and should go to 150K no problem. Plugs, fluids, brakes, etc... should be fine until then. Looking to get 120K from Harmonies to push past the 200K mark on Ema with them.

Maintenance Costs: $2,413
    - That is under $0.02/mile.
    - Current governement mileage rate $0.585/mile :D:D:D

Issue/Problems/Review:
    - Knock on wood but I have not had any issues at all with her. I have even ran her out of gas twice on accident and used battery to limp to a gas station although I don't recommend that.
    - The center console upholstery will need replaced in the next 20-30K from wear. The rest of the console and dash looks almost like new ... always use a sunshield. I did have a chip in my windshield sealed from a rock off of I-85.
    - The Michelin Harmonies are a GREAT tire and I have recommended them in other threads. Upsizing to the 195's has made the car more stable although the tire simply being better has helped the most.

All and all Ema has been the best car I have ever owned and I plan on keeping her until the wheels fall off and maybe even longer. Besides the fantastic MPG's my favorite items are the Nav System, Bluetooth and DICE (now that the Silverline actually works). Just wish you had more than 106 places that could be stored. I filled that up last year.

4. ze_shark

ze_shark Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Did a few searches but could not find the answer: what are the highest miles clocked by board members ? Did anyone reach 300k ?

5. Clubford00

Clubford00 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Original owner. I bought it in Sept of 05 Just over 100K this week 2nd set of tires. Original brakes! my rear cup holder is popping out too life ave about 45 MPG I didnt like the purple ish color on the doors and dash so i dyed them black (my profession). hope to get many more miles out of her.

6. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Jesse got 349,531 miles before it was totaled in an accident. He has pictures at John's site (John's Stuff - Toyota Prius and more, look for Jesse in the list of Prius Owners), and the finale was documented in this thread.
    I don't think he was a member of PriusChat, but he did post at GreenCarCongress<edit - apparently cleanmpg.com>. So I'm not sure what the highest mileage clocked by a PC member is.

7. old toolman

old toolman I miss my '02 Classic Silver

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    2002 silver classic..traded it in at 100,064 miles, standard oil changes-full synthetic only, changed all four tires once at 60,000, never had a lick of trouble or other expense...that's what I call reliability

Miss it...but traded it in on a new mag grey '08...expect the new one to be even better

walt Q

8. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You couldn't wait for the next gen?

9. dwreed3rd

dwreed3rd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey! Wait a minute. Does our 2000 Avalon 110,000+ and our 1987 Ford Club Wagon 124,000 count? Still waiting for our Priuis. Avalon will stay. Bye, bye van.

10. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Damn. My Prius is a little over two years old, and I am not quite at the 20,000 mark yet. I just calculated if I keep going at this rate, it will be 2016 before I can join the club. Keep a spot open for me, OK?

11. halpos4

halpos4 "Taxi"!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    2006 Silver Prius,just about to have it's 180,000klm[112,500mls]service,
    Taxi Driver in Dublin,havn't had one problem so far[where's that wood]
    I hope to reach the 500,000klm mark,well that's the plan!!

12. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    That is wonderful. I get a real kick out of reading Taxi stories.

If my arithmetic is right, you are saving about 400 Euros a month on fuel. If you do not mind me asking, how much of that savings is eaten up by the higher cost of the Prius ?

13. rhino 660

rhino 660 B100 cummins

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    my 1998 dodge 24V cummins diesel just turned over 400K miles on friday no motor trans probs ever:cool::D;)

14. p626808

p626808 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Sorry.. have not posted in awhile.

My 2004 has 163K on it.. and the Michelin Hydroedges have 125K on them.. simply amazing.. anyone else have that much mileage on a tire before?

15. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So, your Integrity got only 38k miles? What is your highway / city mile ratio? 125k miles is very impressive. How much thread do you have left?

16. p626808

p626808 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes.. replaced the integrities at 38K.. Got tired of sliping around in the rain..

I have about 5/32nd still left on the bulk of the tires...
    I do mostly highway.. about 80-85%..

Scott

17. KD6HDX

KD6HDX New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Our 2005 package 6 turned 100 k on the way to work Wednesday morning. So far so good. Only problems were a recall for a steering link issue. I chose to replace the Aux Battery at 2 years. The original is always on a float charger. It even powered my tankless water heater during a simulated power loss after the earthquake here in Chino Hills. The little batt powered my 300 watt Radio Shack inverter which the tankless Bosch was plugged into. Sweeet.

I chose to change out the world fluid at 77 k miles - way ahead of schedule. We will be buying our second set of michelins at Costco soon - these have about 80K on them. I could get more but here comes the rainy season so why wait?

Mobil One synthetic in use since the first change out of dino squat. Only factory air-oil and cabin filters in use - 90% oil changes done by me.

The NAV system acted flakey with only seven hundred miles left on the extended warranty. Twice it displayed it could not read the DVD. Dealer could not re-create error. An ADD test was done by their tech - nothing found. Picked up the vehicle the next day and it started the same errors. Took it back and they could not duplicate the error. Seems to be working fine now. Wish me luck.

Mostly driven on the freeways of So Cal with carpool stickers and cruise control 80% of the time. We average 48-50 miles per gallon.

Attached is the picture I took when it hit 100,000 miles....:juggle:

Attached Files:

18. BumperCar

BumperCar New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have a 2004 Prius that I bought in 2003, and it's got 118,000 miles. I'm in LA and have been to San Francisco and back three times, to San Diego and back seven or eight times, and across the South West and Yosemite, plus to Palm Springs and back a few hundred times. The NAV system has shorted out and only works sometimes (one of these days I'm going to try that hack I read about here), but everything else has been great. Regular oil changes and services at the dealer. I love my car! <3 <3

19. evchau

evchau Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    bought it this day, Sept 2005. Now have 103k miles on it. One sets of tires, one windshield, one set of headlight (just put it one yesterday).

recently I had a problem with the screen display, brought an use one, but find out it is not the screen, it was the iPod add on that cause the problem.

therefore, I had one screen display 2005 for sale.

20. PA Prius

PA Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'm in as of this afternoon. Currently sitting at 100,028.

No problems until I took it in for the 100k service ten days ago before the extended warranty expired-- shifter as sticking so that part was ordered and will be replaced tomorrow. Mechanic noticed a bit of corrossion around the water pump, so replaced that as well, both under warranty. Second set of Integrities are about finished, although I also ran a full set of snows each winter. All is well!

PA P