1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

100 k service

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by alanwagen, Dec 14, 2014.

1. alanwagen

alanwagen Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Almost 100k on a 2009. I tried to do a search for this but not found.
    Anyway, I am thinking of changing plugs, belt and coolant. I am on the fence on the transmission fluid.

Please advise, regards !

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No need to be on the fence regarding the transaxle ATF, that should have been done at 60K miles or earlier.

Epiphany2000 and Mendel Leisk like this.
  3. Epiphany2000

Epiphany2000 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  4. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Denso says the Iridium plugs are good for 120K miles in conventional cars (engine is always on). Toyota has a 120K mile change interval for non-CARB states. CARB sates have a 150K mile change interval; makes sense considering the Prius engine is not always on. I changed mine at 121K miles and the plugs looked really good still; missed the foot note in the book about the 150K mile spark plug change interval for CARB states.

Coolant (Engine & Inverter) is 100K miles for initial, then every 50K miles, according to maintenance manual.

Throttle Plate cleaning every 100K miles is too long. Consider checking the air filter and throttle plate at the same time an oil change is done. Fast and easy to check both. Fast to replace air filter if needed and just slightly longer to clean off the throttle plate/body if needed.

Consider getting a lifetime alignment from Firestone Tire or who ever else still offers a lifetime alignment purchase option. Cost me $120 back in 2011. I just drop the car off once a year and don't pay a dime.